Disk Overload Error Audio Export?

I’ve many errors now with 8.020 when exporting in realtime…

Same thing here. This never happened before to me from Cubase 5 until now in 8.0.20.
This seems to happen both in Mac & Win. For me doesn’t occur when I export the whole song from bar 1, only when exporting something in the middle of the song: the cursor goes back some bar (as a kind of pre-roll) and than, bang, disk overload.

Yep started in 8.0.20, with same projects from 8.0.10 when it did not occur!

I’ve got this problem as well.

Never had this problem and I started wth SX.

Same computer where 6.07 had no problems.

Pro Tools 11 bounces are no problem.

I have the same problem, but I can’t export any project either real time or not.

This is infuriating as I am doing the final mixdown of a CD project. I have a deadline to meet. Cubase is now effectively useless to me. I fear I will have to buy an alternative DAW and start all over again.

Does anyone have an answer?

I have had the same problem for a couple of days. Can’t export anything from any of my projects either normally or real time.

Then I tried switching off the blue ‘cycle’ button on my transport bar and now I can export. I have never had this problem before - I always have my cycle button on when recording, mixing and editing.

Anyway, maybe there will be a bug fix for this soon.

The problem is with Realtime Export.

I got a disk error during real time export with moderate VST Peformance levels when using 5 External FX, and got a disk error when I disabled all 5 of my External FX and had extremely low VST Performance. When I took off all my external FX and turned off real time export it exported fine.

Photos of the VST Performance meters with External FX- " VST Performance"- and without External FX- “VST Performance with 5 External FX Disabled” are attached. I’ve also attached what the VST Performance meter looks like when the export failure occurs, labelled “Export VST Performance”.

I can’t use Cubase 8 if it can’t export audio in realtime with External FX. I’m working with Steinberg support. Hopefully they’ll get this worked out for my system, and I’ll check back to what the fix is if it is made.

Frank

VST Performance.jpg
VST Performance with 5 Extermal FX Disabled.jpg
Export VST Performance.jpg

This has been a problem for me for a few years. Seems a bit random, but only happens in larger projects. You’d have thought that if the project could play without hiccups, it could export without issues.

Yes, ever since 8, and I think it’s driven by CPU more than disk. However I was at the end of lifecycle on my last PC and now run the specs below, if it happens now with an M 2 drive ( basically thunderbolt bandwidth ) for projects and this CPU then I will post…and it better not…anyhow , last time it happened I was delivering stems to post facility and timing could not have been worse.

One more info that maybe could be useful to Steinberg techs in resolving the issue:
-This NEVER happens when I bounce the entire track from position 1.1.1.0
-It happens when I export in every other point of a project: there, the real time export performs a kind of “preroll” where it jumps to a previous bar and starts recording, when it does, disk activity meter jumps to the top and…bang! Disk Overload Error.

Great! this hint works for me too.
Cubase 8.
I had the overload issue within a project which was the smallest and the lowest quality I ever did (44Khz, 24bit) so it was really odd, but placing the left locator at the beginning worked as workaround.
Hope in a fix anyway.

OK. Two things I did that helped.

1. set ASIO protect to ‘high’
  2. went through all my projects and deleted Cubase chanel strip settings by inserting a blank strip in all tracks not needing one.

Seems to be working ok now.

I’m happy to see that this makes the difference not only to me. And I hope this means something to Steinberg in order to fix things. I’m working on a 12 minutes track and I need to render 8 bars of drums+bass located at 10 minutes: rendering from the beginning is really annoying, moving a small piece at the beginning is ok, but anyway this isn’t the way it should work. “Render in place” isn’t an option, bass is from a Virus TI and after 2 bars it simply quits rendering giving no errors and apparently without a cause. This stuff, all together, is a workflow killer.

I was able to solve the problem for my system. :smiley:

I have an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics Chipset with a Gigabyte X58a-UD3R motherboard.

I had been using Windows Device Manager to update the AMD HD5450 driver. Whenever I tried to update the driver in the WDM, it told me that I had the latest driver.

Then, I downloaded the AMD Catalyst Control Center. I was told there was a new driver. So, I downloaded the newest driver and immediately, I was able to export my mixes with no Disk Overload Error.

So, I’ve got my fingers crossed that that was the problem and that I’m good to go.

I’ll report back if the problem resumes.

Well isn’t that interesting. I just did the same thing for my Intel HD Driver and now I am also able to ‘real time’ export without DO Error.

:smiley:

Thanks Swurveman!

Oh… It is nice to see Melodyne run during real-time export… :slight_smile:

I got the same thing here…

none of the abow fix worked for me…

but when I disabled real time bounce, it worked no problem… hope for an update fix…

Well, the problem’s back.

Today, I successfully exported a 96Khz project. Then, I closed Cubase and reset my Aurora 16 to 44.1 Khz, because I needed to work on a project at that sample rate. When it came to export the 44.1 project, I got the Disk Overload error. I closed the project again and increased the buffer size, even though I’m hardly taxing my computer and it happened again. Rebooted - happened again.

Awful. :frowning:

Lately I had this problem too. I’ve to try some times to get off the error… Sometimes it takes a lot to make it work… :frowning:

I too have this error, Export Audio Mixdown shows 0% never moves. Can’t hit cancel to get out of process. Sometimes process completes and I have mix after extended period of time. Was working in Logic today with another engineer and when he bounced tracks for me it was really fast and painless. I was extremely jealous :cry:

I will try the video card update as suggested and post if that helps
Kenny