Im currently testing to edit bigband scores with Dorico.
In the middle of the piece there are some short solo passages where different brass-players are supposed to improvise a short solo.
Therefore I want chords to appear in those parts in these passages only.
The rhythm-section should have chords throughout the whole piece, of course.
Is the only way to achieve this the following?
- Setup-Mode: Make chords visible not only for rhythm-instruments.
- Setup-Mode: Make chords visible for the specific brass players who should play solo
- Select everything in one brass-part.
- Filter chord symbols
- Deselect each chord that should be indicated in this part by CMD-Click (on mac) (unfortunately CMD + Marquee-Tool does not work to deselect multiple items)
- Activate “Hide Chord” Property
- Switch the property on
- Repeat steps 3-7 or the other solo players
Is there an easier way?
THX - Andreas