Display issue with top menu bar on Nuendo 11 (Win10)

Hi! I’ve had this display issue with the top menu bar for… years now, across versions, with both Cubase and Nuendo. I never found what causes it. It generally happens when opening the software, and is fixed by re-docking/maximizing the menu bar/window - but it’s a seriously annoying little QoL issue, and I’m surprised that after so many years that this keeps flying under the radar.

This is Nuendo 11, on a 1920x1080 display, part of a three screen setup with different resolutions. All screens are set to 100% scaling in the Win10 display settings.

I’m right here if you need more details or if there’s a known fix (not a workaround, please) for this that I don’t know about.

Which Nuendo version?

1 Like

Edited my post, thanks. Not familiar with the new forums, thought I was on a Nuendo 11 thing.

1 Like

It seems if I am reading the picture you have it looks like you have the task bar on the left side. I keep mine on the bottom and keep it hidden. Also I have duel monitors setup with both monitors being the same in modal and rez. .Both are at 100 % too. I have not seen any glitches on mine.

I always have task bar at bottom as well. 4 monitors here at 100%. Various Nuendo windows are opened on all of them. No issues like that.

My Task Bar is indeed set on the left-side of my screen.

I since changed to a ultra-wide 3440x1440 display as my main screen, so my display setup has changed, but I still keep my task bar on the left, and this still happens regularly on Nuendo 11.0.41. I strongly suspect this is indeed the task bar position that’s causing the issue.

I went ahead and did some tests. The menu bar’s layout had problems on startup when the Windows Task Bar is set on the left-side and on top of the screen. Right-side and bottom seem to work fine.

I took a video capture, here (sorry for the crap resolution, but the offset on the menu bar can still be seen quite clearly.