Display Selected Tracks ONLY on the fly

Hi everyone.

I have not found this particular request or capability, so I’ll just ask.
Is it possible to select (Ctrl + Tracks) tracks in the Project window and display them (ie: hide all other tracks)?
I know you can use the Visibility Editor to hide all that you don’t want to see, and then make a “Configuration” so that you can bring it back at any time.

However, when you are in the heat of the moment and decide that you need to temporarily show the Bass MIDI Instrument; Kick Mic; Left Piano Mic; and Bass Clarinet MIDI Instrument, what you really want is to hold down the Ctrl key, select those 4 tracks, “hit the magic button” and then only see those 4 tracks in the Project window.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?
I know that a Macro could probably be figured out and used, but is there any stock Cubase 9.5 way to do this directly?
If not, this would be a very welcome request for future Cubase versions :smiley:

Thank you!

Doesn’t “Show Only Selected Tracks” work for you?

Hi Steve.

Yea, I bet it does.
I got used to doing this work flow and when the projects grow I just kept doing it even though it slowly got overly burdensome a long time ago.
I have tons of configurations that I have just been building up from the original song template that I started years ago.
My template now is huge and I need to reevaluate my approach - I’ve been creating a new configuration every time I need to display a track grouping that I hadn’t already created a configuration for.

I didn’t see this - probably because it was too obvious.
Thank you for the quick response and I’ll try it when I get home tonight!

I hear you. You can set a keystroke to operate that function too.