Distorted Sound on Import of XML

After importing xml from Newzik playback is distorted in Dorico until the app is closed and reopened. Is this a known issue? Thanks

I’ve never heard of it. Granted, I have never imported any xml file from Newzik, always exported from Dorico to Newzik. But it should certainly not affect playback.

No, I’ve not encountered this problem either. I’m not sure why importing a MusicXML file would affect playback at all. Does this happen with all instruments, or just one? Does it happen with other files that you share from other apps?

@StockBrick, is that reproducible? If yes, please do an import again and afterwards choose from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. I’m curious if I can find something in the log files. Thanks

I believe @StockBrick is running Dorico for iPad, so unfortunately a set of diagnostics won’t be possible for us to retrieve in this case.

It seems to happen when I switch from Newzik to Dorico. There doesn’t seem to need to be an import. I have a screen video of the distorted play. Is there somewhere I can upload it?

Hi @StockBrick,
You could upload the video on Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive and share a link here, or in private message.
Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile: