Divisi clef change bug?

Hi everyone,

On the following link is a short 4 bar example where I have inserted a cello section divisi from the start of bar 3.
(it seems I can’t add attachments to my posts… yet)

I would like the top part (2 soli) to move to tenor clef from the start of bar 3 but the lower part (gli altri) to stay in bass clef

Where I have inserted the tenor clef, it is showing in the lower line too (which is not what I want). The problem is that the notes are not showing as shifted in the gli altri part - that must be a bug?
See pdf: Signpost at start of bar 3.pdf - Google Drive

Alternatively I can drag the Divisi signpost back a fraction, in which case I get what I am looking for, apart from a bar rest appearing that I don’t need - how to get rid of that?
See pdf: Signpost just before start of bar 3.pdf - Google Drive

Thanks for any help,

Govind

Sounds similar to this: Disappearing time/key signature - #2 by dspreadbury - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

To post a file, edit the file name and add “.zip” to the end of it. Like this: AwesomeSong.dorico.zip.

You can remove the unwanted rest by selecting it and choosing Edit > Remove Rest.

Dorico is unable to handle the clef change in your example because the position at which the clef occurs is exactly on the boundary between where the unison passage stops and the divided passage begins, and it’s the same rhythmic position in both cases. It can’t differentiate, so you get the clef in both staves. Another option, at least in this case, is to add the clef change one beat later, since a note on one ledger line obviously wouldn’t give anybody too much of a headache!

Obviously it would be good if Dorico could handle this case correctly, so we’ll see what we can do about it in future.

Hi Daniel. Any news regarding fixing this issue? Any chance to handle it in v3?

Thank you.

I’m afraid there’s no news, but the remaining problems with the transition from divisi to unison remain on our backlog to be fixed. I’m sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.