Does 6.5 fix problems in comping introduced in 6.0?

Has anyone who was (like me) really PO’d at the change in the behavior of lanes/comping/The Part Editor between Cubase 5 and 6 tried 6.5? Have any of the the many complaints been addressed ?

Even if they have I find it annoying to have to pay an extra $50 to have a capability that exists in 5 restored. On the other hand $50 is nor enough reason to spend months crawling back up the learning curve of a new DAW and possibly finding it not an improvement. I want a reason to stay with Cubase, cause I have invested a lot of time in learning to use it.

Maybe here (or somewhere in this thread) is the answers you seek…?
http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124808#p124808

There’s more to the comping function in 6.5 than just ‘reverting to how it was’. Lane soloing, creating tracks with muted events from lanes, a separate comp tool etc; check the New Features pdf of 6.5.

As Arjan says, they didn’t just put in a button to make it like it was… there’s a whole new CompTool and new ways to manipulate multiple takes.

We can cut-up takes across the whole lot or individually, nudge, trim, edit, delete, copy, fade each section (part) … solo takes, clean up the display … with either the Comp Tool or the regular selector.

Right now it seems pretty comprehensive to me and it’s what I got the update for. … but it’s early days yet :wink: Maybe there’s some situation it won’t handle.

I don’t begrudge the update fee … all these updates take time and energy that people have to be paid for!

Lee