Does anybody use Emulator X3 inside Cubase 12?

Hi again, @Fabio_B

Following your instructions, I also got a .dmp file from ProcDump. The problem is that it is weighting 60Mb . So, I’m still searching for a usable files sharing site, among the paying and the MS warning security ones. I’ll let you know when I’ll find something that matches our needs.

Thanks again for your concern about the issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any updates on X3 working in C13?

Nope, at least not on my end. Same symptoms, even with 13.0.20 : C13 crashes immediatly, as soon as attempting to open the VSTi window… :neutral_face:

Guess I’ll have to continue using Vienna Ensemble Pro :pensive:

Maybe it’s not a hopeless case…

1 Like

That would be great. I figured out a way to run X3 in Komplete Kontrol routing midi in Windows and audio in ASIO over Ethernet, but the timing is +/-5ms, so not ideal and you can only use one instance.

This is the reason I haven’t upgraded to C13.

I’m not sure if it’s related but I’ve noticed that also ProteusVX through jbridge is not running as well as it had previously and if it is the same issue at play here. Would be nice to see both these to run as they are such great plugins that deserve to live on and not die away…

1 Like

FYI emulator X3 64bit runs in jbridge with the correct settings in jbridge.

Autoclose GUI ticked
Swith to integrated GUI mode unticked
Cubase can hang for a while while changing the settings but in the end jbridge will show an error and the you can proceed. From then on EmuX3 will run as normal.
Still hope for the fix.

I also use jbridger, but find it unreliable under C13 regardless of jbridge settings.

Ah ok, I just tested it a little, not to extensive. What happens if it goes wrong?
Switch to integrated GUI mode unticked was crucial here.

Same opcode 23 error, regardless of whether the track is actively engaged, eventually requiring C13 to be terminated. Integrated GUI mode is unticked.

13.0.30 update : Emulator X3 is working again ! :grinning:

It’s the first thing I have tested, as soon as I installed it on my end :

Congrats to the devs crew… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sweeeeeeeet! Such great news.
Anyone able to test Emu X3 inside Komplete Kontrol too? Thx.

1 Like

Fantastic job by the devs - thank you Steinberg folk. I spent around .5 hours testing X3, rendering audio, saving/closing/re-opening the project, 2 tracks with X3 running and the third for rendered audio.

There’s that thing where any secondary dialogs raised by X3 are behind X3, but that’s been there for a long time.

In terms of X3 compatibility, this feels like an improvement over C12. Thanks again to the developers for allowing this abandonware to continue to exist within Cubase.

3 Likes