Does anyone ever get UAD presets right?Please help!

Hi!

UAD (Universal Audio, Inc)…Such a tantilizing asernal of presets but hardly anyone gets to use…

Kindly, someone, who successfully got to use them within Cubase 5 tell me what I should do to place the folders of UAD presets appropriately to enjoy use for.

What I have been able to achieve so far…

1. I have placed the UAD folders (Custon and Factory folders included) on the following path:

“C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 5\VST3 Presets”

And they are displayed in the “Define Location” area of the Media Bay window but the presets themselves do NOT appear on the “Results” area of the window that shows presets.[Please check the attached Screen Shot]

Someone kindly advice.I heard some thing being mentioned about the fact they need to be converted…I wonder, if the ones I have have been converted already or or not.The presets themselves read as in the following…

For example, Folder “UAD 1176LN” contains subfolders “factory” and “custom”…the “factory” sub-folder contains a number of presets…One of them is displayed in this manner,“Bass Limiter,VST preset, 1kb”.

Someone kindly advice.

Regards,
Tshepo
South Africa
MS Word-Screen Shot-Media Bay.doc (140 KB)

Tshepo,

I have a bunch of UAD2 plugins and can use all the presets. I do however have a little housekeeping set up that makes it easier for me. This can be created for any number categories. Here is what I have:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins

1-UA Powered Plugins
2_Stillwell Audio
3_Modern Plugins
4_Other Plugins

Under the UA directory:
Licensed
Demo

In the licensed directory are the one that I have purchased and come with the card.

Don’t know if this will help you?