Does anyone know how to export wav file from Yamaha DTX900?

Hello,
I have a Yamaha DTX900 Drum Trigger and its bundle, Cubase AI 5 and am satisfied with it. I am familiar with the way Cubase is operated. I recorded a lot of AUDIO tracks for our music band in the past.
Now, they came as a bundle and I can create and record my Drum performance just by using the cubase within the Drum Trigger. What I’m trying to say is, I can record and play my performance and I can hear drum voices while Cubase is at work. I realized that I can only create MIDI tracks when I use Cubase with Drum Trigger so it seems there is a difference compared to other devices such as Guitar or microphone.
Naturally, I want to convert this cpr file to wav file like everybody else but I was never able to do it! Perhaps, I need to do the conversion from MIDI track to AUDIO track, I am not sure. Below, is the steps I follow to maket he audio conversion.
First, I use the locator range and specify what portion to be exported. Secondly, I press the export button, Cubase AI5 produces a wav file and in the exporting process I only hear a 3 second version -not more!- of what I have played for 2:30 minutes, while I see the “exporting progress” graphic on the screen. The exporting process is incredibly fast compared to the normal audio track -microphone or guitar- operation. It does not make sense and in the end, I see that the wav file is emty!
After the operation when I want to play an exported file through winamp then I only hear silence. (The file has got the whole portion itself 2:30 minutes)
Additionally, If I select MIDI export, instead of Audio Mixdown, Cubase AI5 can export what I play and I hear the voice but not in real form, I can hear only the low-quality piano-like voices.
Can you please help me for solving this issue ?
Thanks

You don’t say what the drum trigger is triggering, is it a VSTi or what?

I’m guessing he is playing his edrumkit, recording the midi output and playing that back to the kit to trigger sounds.
You have recorded midi, but midi is not sound.
If you want to export to wav exactly what you hear when you play back the midi part, you have to record your drumkit first. To do that, connect the audio output from the drum module to your soundcard input. Create an audiotrack in cubase and set it up to record the drumkit. Now hit record, and while the midi track plays back the midi to your drumkit, the generated audio is recorded in Cubase.
When this is done, you should have a nice drumrecording in Cubase which you can export to wav (mute the miditrack when exporting.)

You can also use the midi track to trigger other drumsounds from software synths. You already did that by accident by exporting the midi and playing it back in a mediaplayer with a GM module, which is when you heard a piano. In cubase, you can create an instrument track and select HalionOne as the output. In HalionOne, pick one of the included drumkits you think sounds nice. Put the recorded midi file on this instrument track and play it back. You should hear drums now (although they will obviously be different than the drumsounds of your drumkit.)

Thank you for your help.

After reading your answers, I realized that I didn’t use any of the VSTi instruments which is connected with my drum trigger.It means, MIDI track that I created when I play cannot tie with the correct virtual instrument so I couldn’t hear sound.

There is only one VST instrument in Cubase AI5 Which is called HalionOne but the problem is I couldn’t find a good drumkit within this virtual instrument.There are a lot of synth, bass and voices but…Do you know how to find additionally virtual instrument for just playing drum ?

I searched some of the websites but many of them want to pay for the license.I need only simple acoustic VST drumkit instrument plugin and I suppose that there should be the free version of it.

Thank You

If you find the drumkits in HalionOne are not good enough, then I don’t think other free alternatives will be much better. Have a look through www.kvraudio.com though, and see if there is a free plugin that looks promising, there should be numerous drum plugins.

But I’ll say it again, you can also just record your DTX sounds if you want, it just takes an extra step.

Hi again.It’s been a while and sorry for do not reply to your message immediately but I did something about recording.I already made a decision that a quick reply was nonsense until do nothing because of my less experience about computer recording systems. Like you said, I believe, I am so close to the end but it seems I haven’t done yet. Firstly, you were right about the real sound recording and I didn’t choose the virtual way because it’s not good enough compared to the original drumkit sounds. Secondly, I learned many things about cubase after a long pursuit:) What i do was just buy a better sound card (tc electronic konnekt 8) and tie each other with the necessary input and output cables. (drumkit device and the sound card)

I didn’t have 1394 port on my notebook, no worries, I bought an express card which can be easily connected to it. Next step was to configure sound card and operate with drumkit device within the cubase. I created an audiotrack in cubase and imported an extra sample song then I started to record together. So far so good… But I saw the devil again :slight_smile: When I play my performance, the recording interrupted somehow. There was no exact time or exact phase regarding with the imported song or my performance. Obviously, it was a glitch and it can be related with my pc, soundcard and/or cubase itself.

I explored some of the forums. Buffer size, Daw experience, Laptop performance upgrade etc. but I get nothing. I tried to do some tests on my sound card and saw that it works well and thus turned to some of the windows and drivers compatibility problems. I am using Dell laptop and the OS is windows7 x64. My cubase OEM Version is AI 5. Maybe the problem is because of the version inconsistency ? Any suggestions ?

If you could help me with this issue, I’ll appreciate it…