Does anyone remember a prior Nuendo release this buggy?

Hi Oliver:

I’m taking about MY experiences using the PROGRAM in various SONGS. I haven’t run into any bugs during my work except for one: Nuendo will suddenly stop processing audio files. No more gain or pitch, etc. adjustments. The workaround I’ve used is to restart Nuendo or jump to Cubase. I understand yours and others’ frustrations with the bugs you’re referring to; I was merely commenting that for me personally, I find there to be less bugs in Nuendo than in Cubase. I don’t turn in bug reports because people at various beta testing sites used to yell at me and tell me the bugs I reported would only be important to a select few people. So please don’t think I’m minimizing your bugs because I haven’t run into them. I’m just saying it’s another humorous case of my experiences and work flow being different than others. Others I totally respect but different than my own. Have a great day, thanks for taking the time to comment!

Servus Munich, hello world,

I think regarding the decrease of the posts total numbers in the N-Forum there are several reasons why this is so or at least seems to be so. As far as I’m concerned, I simply had literally no time to hang around in this beautiful place since almost 10 years, busy working. Nuendo was somewhat reliable in my daily work routine, which was a point that I always introduced to the PT people when they were having really hard times (and this went for a very long decade, years from 2008-2013 at least!).
The next reason is that Steinberg decided to start another forum and (even worse) to split the topics. I think I wrote about 1000+ posts from 2001 until 2010, then the forum was rebuilt. Okay, but they also split it from version to version, so the total count somewhat decreased.
Another reason is: Why would I post if everything is working okay and I’ve learned most of the lessons when it comes to working with a DAW? Most of my employees work with Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton or PT, and most of my customers, too. And I see them complaining a lot of missing features, bugs or even loss of work, and then they go to forums where they meet people that have nothing to answer, but answer all the time. This is different here, until today.

Back to the topic, Matthias, back to the topic.

Yes, I also think that N8 was released in a state that was a bit too early. But if I remember it correctly, we already had this situation once before, and it was N3. Simply not enough beta testing from the Cubase users (sic!). I guess SB is pretty aware of the fact that the DOP issues must be fixed a.s.a.p., and I understand if one decides to stay with N7 (which is absolutely reliable) just for safety reasons. Personally, I don’t give penny if a software crashes “in front of a client” (someone wrote this in this thread) unless I would do live recordings. Which I refuse to do. But I understand you, I was thinking exactly the same way when I was younger.

There was indeed always something rotten in the state of Hamburg. I suppose it’s the fish. Only the fish.

Best to you all.
Matthias

They should have very little problems getting competent testers.