Does automation suck, or am I just hopelessly incompetent

This is what i was referring to; based on that and what you mention you’ve heard it seems like maybe Insert Silence might behave differently.

I’ll just have a pen and paper nearby next time i want to Insert Silence, so I can keep track of what I need to relock when I’m done. Seems so … analog! :smile:

Hey there,
just wanted to say, that on my system it was always like this:

Everything locked (be it events or automation tracks) won’t be moved when using cut/copy/insert silence operations on range selections in general. This is how I understood it and how it has always been for me.

To not lose time when doing this and to be sure I am not messing up anything in my project, I use a macro which opens all folders, unhides all tracks and then unlocks everything. After that I just lock all automation lanes again, as thats what I prefer to not mess with them accidentally.

But I have to say it would make much more sense, if those range operations would move even locked items.
I cannot think of any situation I want locked items to remain where they are, when the rest of the project gets moved. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes