Does Kontakt 5 work in32 bit Cubase 8? (solved)

I’m thinking about buying Kontakt 5 and have been reading a bit about it and it seems a lot of people are having trouble with Cubase finding it as a VST instrument in it’s 32 bit version…
I use Cubase 32 bit version with Miroslav Philharmonik…

so does it actually work in 32 bit Cubase 8 please? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

best, kevin :slight_smile:

With your 64 bit OS and all that RAM why are you running 32bit Cubase? As long as the vsts are in the right libraries (and not mixed) Cubase in my experience copes quite well with 32bit plugins.

Hi, as I said in my post i use it with miroslav phiharmonik which is 32 bit and behaves very strangley if i use it in the 64 bit version of cubase…
just got an email back from Native instruments support who said I should scan the plugs again from within the plugin manager…which I did and it worked…never thought of doing that…thought cubase just scanned the plugs when it opened…

cheers mate… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It’s a shame you’re tied to 32bit Cubase by a sample library! Still, you’re sorted thanks to NI! Dunno how flush you’re feeling but being miroslav phiharmonik owner you could upgrade to Sampletank 3 for £150 - you could then import miroslav phiharmonik into ST3 thus converting it to 64 bit.

Hi, yeah read obout the sampletank option but sick of spending money on computer stuff…never had a problem with being on 32 bit though, never ran out of ram or anything…
only use the 32 bit version to do the strings…otherwise I’m on 64

I know exactly what you mean - if I convert my plugin collection (cost wise) into lovely guitars you can hold, play and polish they suddenly seem like poor value! :laughing:

I know this thread is questioning Kontact 5 but…

Did the rescan fix your MP issue? I never had an issue running MP with Cubase.

But… I purchased the new versions of MP2 and ST3 when they were released. Even though they work OK, I notice a much higher hit on the VST performance meter (especially ST3) and periodic strange behavior. Was hoping for the opposite. Maybe I’ll try the rescan from within Cubase too. Can’t hurt. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

the only issue I had with MP in 64 bit was Cubase kept losing contact with it…always at a bad time!
I just find it easier to use the 32 bit version of Cubase than forking out more money to use the same samples in 64 bit, like I said, I never have any ram issue’s, the Konyakt problem cropped up when I noticed Cubase never initialised it on start up, just found this annoying so needed to fix it…rescanning from the plugin manager sorted it…iterestingly I have better performance with MP in 32 bit than in 64 bit…maybe because when I was working in 64 bit I was using CP8.5…which I think still has issues to fix…for me CP8.0.35 is the dogs bollocks and works perfectly…
I will wait for the trial before I do anymore updates…the only sensible thing to do IMHO…

hope I’ve answered your question :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OK, I realize this is a very old thread. Despite that, I’m hoping for a solution. I use 32-bit Nuendo 4. I really don’t have the ridiculous amount of money it would take to upgrade to a Nuendo or Cubase 64-bit DAW. I have been using an old version of Kontakt and Komplete on my studio computer, and I’m trying to get everything reinstalled on a laptop. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have that antique installer available for the 32-bit Kontakt or Komplete. I now have a shiny new version of those programs in 64-bit, and I have NO idea how or IF I can get Nuendo 4 to recognize them.
Is there a legacy site or something?