does the MR816CSX actually work with C7 ?

Hi…so, to date can anyone tell me if the MR816 CSX actually works properly with Cubase 7, there seems to be a load of problems with it, which is a bit crazy considering it’s their own gear, I’m due to upgrade my interface in Jan 2013 and was looking at this as the way to go but not so sure now…starting to consider RME which has the added bonus of not being made in China…Kevin

I’m not sure if the MR816 now works with C7 or not (I use Nuendo) but I can say that since I traded my MR816CSX for an RME UFX I’ve never looked back - the TotalMix software that comes with the UFX leaves the 816 in the dust. The UFX itself is a great piece of kit and it has Midi I/O as well.

The latest 7.0.1 update has addressed the issues that first appeared when C7 first came out. From what I’ve read, all is well.
With regards to the MRs - you’re going to see more back and forth regarding the MRs and other interfaces it will make your head spin. Do your homework, but remember, you could spend weeks reading “stuff”.
One thing you will see a great deal is that people are highly impressed with the pre-amps and the Yamaha engine that runs it. For the price-point, nothing else comes close.
The criticisms are mostly left to the reader’s own preferences as to whether or not the particular (negative) issue is important (e.g. direct monitoring when daisy chaining multiple units). It’s up to the reader. Hope that helps.

That’s the main reason I switched to RME.

Really appreciate you guy’s takin the time to advise me, I think I’m leaning towards the RME because I reckon Steiny should not be having trouble with it’s own stuff and the very fact that it is worries me a little, and not having a midi point seems a bit weird , I don’t need to do any daisy chaining etc…it really would be the perfect interface…but…I"ll do a bit more homework…is the total mix software easy to understand ? because I have a load of trouble trying to figure out the routing in the mixer software that came with Saffire pro 24, thanks again, Kevin

Yes, MR816csx works great with C7 on Windows 8. (x64)

Thanks for your input…Kevin

The TotalMix software is very easy to use once you understand that any number of Inputs can be grouped to any Outputs, and work out how to do it (it’s actually very simple).

The TotalMix software is very easy to use once you understand that any number of Inputs can be grouped to any Outputs, and work out how to do it (it’s actually very simple).[/quote]

thank you…Kevin

Hi Electrobolt –

What firewire card are you using (exact make and model, if possible)?

I have intermittent dropouts using, e.g. The Grand 3 SE … on my W8x64/C701 setup, incl. all the usual precautions.

Am patiently waiting for the January 2013 MR816csx and CC121 driver updates.

Thanks.

The computer with the MR816CSX is using the onboard port on an Intel DX58SO board.
(It also has a CC121 connected to it.)

MR816X works perfectly with C7.00 and C7.01 over here :slight_smile: