Does this annoy you

The comment comparing Cubase v Nuendo to Protools LE v Protools. I take it you cannot call someone a …hmmm…nevermind but what do you think?

You can control people, but will it produce the desired result?

Let them eat cake, I say.

morning :slight_smile:

I[m not into cake. More of a savoury person. now gimme a bratwurst :slight_smile:

G’day, Paul!

Nice to see you again. I hope you are well. :sunglasses:

Good to see you are still alive!! You were born because you need to exist…when you die the need to exist will remain…so this bullshlt about life not being a dress rehearsal is just that…bullshlt. Having said that you dont know what’s coming after this probably albeit less than perfect venture, so you better hang on in there just in case. Like everyone else you were born with a sense of right and wrong and maybe, just maybe, how you have followed that may influence your next venture. But maybe deep down you know all this already…but I digress :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yours Sincerely…the Prophet of the Bleedin obvious :mrgreen:

Hi Rockville

Yeah. Here’s the bit that ‘got’ me.

• and if Nuendo users want to assist cubase users this should be okay given we run the flagship.
    It’s like saying a PT TDM user cannot contribute to a PTLE discussion.

What specifically annoys me is that it describes an attitude which, IMO, give bad press to and serves to make ridiculous a perfectly valis question and concern.

That Topic has already generated perfectly reasonable justifications for letting Nuendo users have posting rights over here. Especially those Nuendo users who have bought the add ons which enable them to do as much as we can on our programs.

HOWEVER … within the bit I just quoted, there are two assumtions which I’ll point out:

1: It’d be about Nuendo users wanting to HELP Cubase users … ie assumption that Nuendo users are going to be the ‘providers’ of good stuff and that they should be allowed to do their good works.
2: Someone who has a ‘flagship’ should be able to enter ‘non’ flagship domains … this is not a justification … more a statement of entitlement’

Eh … just had a thought. Here we are … unless we own BOTH N and C, we can read across but not post across. I wanted to put a +1 to that post by the guy who wanted a woman in his life … I mean … .like Phsyically there to kiss. But I don’t have Nuendo, so I couldn’t. At teh same time, we’re haging a go at that chaps statement over there. HE can read what we’ve been writing … BUT … has no place to reply.

Nowwwww … my own personal thing is that I do NOT buy in to NOT slagging off people who ‘can’t defend themselves’. However, I DO know that there are some people for whom this is a criterion for good behaviour. At the moment, the forum structure opens the door for everyone to witness debateable points … even Vigorously debateable points … but the door is closed when it comes to actually interacting.

I just pressed Preview, and see that a lot of coments have occured since your original post. My mind is now overcome with thoughts of Bratwurst … breath of fresh air to hear about good 'ol bratwurst. And also about wanting a woman … live one, that is. Add those to my steamy Cold/Flu/Fever, and I can’t focus on the topic any more, and had better close my post.

All the best
Glyn

Hi Rockville

Yeah. Here’s the bit that ‘got’ me.

• and if Nuendo users want to assist cubase users this should be okay given we run the flagship.
    It’s like saying a PT TDM user cannot contribute to a PTLE discussion.

What specifically annoys me is that it describes an attitude which, IMO, give bad press to and serves to make ridiculous a perfectly valis question and concern.

That Topic has already generated perfectly reasonable justifications for letting Nuendo users have posting rights over here. Especially those Nuendo users who have bought the add ons which enable them to do as much as we can on our programs.

HOWEVER … within the bit I just quoted, there are two assumtions which I’ll point out:

1: It’d be about Nuendo users wanting to HELP Cubase users … ie assumption that Nuendo users are going to be the ‘providers’ of good stuff and that they should be allowed to do their good works.
2: Someone who has a ‘flagship’ should be able to enter ‘non’ flagship domains … this is not a justification … more a statement of entitlement’

Eh … just had a thought. Here we are … unless we own BOTH N and C, we can read across but not post across. I wanted to put a +1 to that post by the guy who wanted a woman in his life … I mean … .like Phsyically there to kiss. But I don’t have Nuendo, so I couldn’t. At teh same time, we’re haging a go at that chaps statement over there. HE can read what we’ve been writing … BUT … has no place to reply.

Nowwwww … my own personal thing is that I do NOT buy in to NOT slagging off people who ‘can’t defend themselves’. However, I DO know that there are some people for whom this is a criterion for good behaviour. At the moment, the forum structure opens the door for everyone to witness debateable points … even Vigorously debateable points … but the door is closed when it comes to actually interacting.

I just pressed Preview, and see that a lot of coments have occured since your original post. My mind is now overcome with thoughts of Bratwurst … breath of fresh air to hear about good 'ol bratwurst. And also about wanting a woman … live one, that is. Add those to my steamy Cold/Flu/Fever, and I can’t focus on the topic any more, and had better close my post.

All the best
Glyn

Ha!!! You Nuendo guys post in stereo!!

The point I was making is that a lot of people on here have been with Stewinberg (sic) since Pro 24, and have seen the audio side develop over a good few upgrades, like me. Now Cubase 5, and 6 when it comes out will still be Steinbergs flagship Audio/Midi software. I appreciate that Nuendo is a Post Production product that at one time was Cubase with bells, but now the bells are separate and the Cubase part is for the most part extra. So for someone to say the flagship audio product that predates the subsequent post product is somewhat inferior is in danger of impersonating someone with a significant deficiency in the braincell department. But then we are not born equal, even in the simple physical aspects. :smiley:

Just read this post again and this is not a dig at you Glyn…just in case you thought it was :slight_smile: Though to be frank I horsed in there at the double post while I was riled…honesty is the best policy…not!

I’m now having Bratwurst Hot dog style. In a roll with lots of caramelised onions lovingly slow cooked over the stove for ages. :slight_smile:

Although I have bought some sauerkraut recently.

… but on topic, yes we should be able to cross post. Is anyone surprised though?

Are you referring to this post?:

Cubase itself has a different feature set than just Nuendo. Nuendo + NEK is Cubase plus. Off the top of my head, the automation, routing, marker system are far greater in Nuendo. This is without the NEK. NEK is BS anyway. Steinberg is dropping it as of next version, so a comparison of PTLE/to PTHD would be similar to Cubase/to Nuendo. If I were to tale all 4 into a less to greater feature listing it would be PT/PTLE (there is no PTLE anymore) ->Cubase-> Nuendo/PTHD

I don’t understand what you are meaning from your topic title and post. I don’t think anyone is talking down to you or Cubase users. The only thing I have read that could be taken that way was someone on the Nuendo side commented on the signal to noise ratio over here on the Cubase side which is kinda true. Look at earlier this week the spat in the thread about separate mac and pc forums. I actually thought it was pretty though funny. :smiley:

Gotcha :mrgreen:

The only thing that users of alternative applications should be able to do is post in the lounges, providing of course they are up to date with the latest software offerings.

Well, well, well, as Johnny Winston would say, it’s really about being able to scratch out a tune. And I’ve heard some great stuff from this forum, lite as it is.

In spite of being annoyed, I wish you all the very merriest of Christmas’es (plural).

Michael

Nuendo users should be able to post in the Cubase forums. There are certain aspects of the permission flow that still do not make sense to me. For instance, Cubase 5 users can post in Cubase 4 and earlier forums which makes sense to me. Nuendo users could provide valuable information and help in areas that we are still learning. And many over there know that there are more Cubasers, and some of us do know at least something. :confused:

Politics and and corporate decisions should not be riddled with paperwork, company meetings and seminars to change permissions on a UHU web forum. If this site were THAT important, you’d think they’d at least pay attention, or at the very least comment to update us on the login issues.
:unamused: