DONE! User defined beat: Grid,Compound time,odd meter,Click

wow, missed this one … great FR

+1 !

It would be very usefull in some circumstances…
when we need click only on a few bars in the middle of the song for example… or to automatically turn it off at the end of the song… it what com’s in mind first, but there’s a lot more to find to cover all applications :slight_smile:

+1

Should be easy to implement.

Bump

Bump

I’m of the ‘NO MORE FREAKIN’ TRACK TYPES!’ persuasion… I just can’t stand all the real estate they take up. That said, I agree something should be done.

My smash hit idea would be to super-impose the click on the existing Tempo and.or Time Sig Track. (In fact, I want the Tempo and Sig tracks folded into one.)

On many projects one would not alter the click much within the song.

But (at least for me) a place where a change in click is necessary corresponds to a change in tempo or sig, so I think they go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Perhaps one could have a Click Marker… or wherever there is a Time Sig one could click on it and set a new click setting.

And then in Export Audio, one could select the Tempo/Sig Track as part of the Export… and there’s yer click.

+1…I like that suggestion.

+1

Pondstreetstudios

Suntower is right, no more track types. It should be a VST instrument. Do something original and useful. We all use the metronome.

+1 please.

For me, I’d like these things:

1. Different patterns as mentioned. Great, because very often I’m dealing with odd time signatures.

2. A click channel in the mixer so I can really easily grab it and adjust it.

3. Three sound/volumes not just two. For example, when using say 9/8 it would be helpful to accent the first beat of the bar (accent #1), and then the first of each triplet as well (accent #2) and then click the 8ths with the 3rd sound.

Mike.

I use the loop browser sometimes instead of a metronome but the problem with the loop browser is that there isn’t a loop for every tempo and time signature.

+1

I was working on a Zappa transcription the other day, starting in 3/4, one measure 5/8, then 4/4.

my metronome setting was on quarter notes. In the 5/8 measure the click keeps on quarter notes. Then in the following 4/4 measure it´s on off-beats…very odd!

The clicktrack should sound quarter notes in a x/4 measure and 8th notes in a x/8 measure. Quite clear, I think… :unamused:

It does. Cubase beats the denominator’s value unless you tell it not to. I’m going to assume you have checked “Use Count Base” > “1/4”.

Yes, I definitely need it! Absolutely.

In Logic Pro is possible just leaving ON the click/metronome before the Mixdown (in Logic Pro is called “Bounce”). So I guess it is possible add this feature in Cubase as well.

+1

+1

+1

+1 from me to all of the above, of course :slight_smile:
But just the other day, I was even thinking of the following, when there might be a particularly complex couple of measures (not necessarily involving an actual time signature change, however)…

How about something like the Score Editor’s “Display Quantize” Tool, where, for example, the Key Editor grid for the most part of a project, in 4/4, can be set to 8th-notes, but, for say, half a bar, we could make use of the grid being in 16th-triplets… just dial in the required grid at the desired position :slight_smile:.

BUMP!!