Dorcio 4

And, by some calculations, went through the numbers/symphonies twice…

Me yes (and 98); 2000 no - it was part of the Windows NT family that merged with the MS-DOS based versions in Windows XP.

‘Dorico NT’ might be open to abuse…

There could be the commemorative DoriCOVID-19.

1 Like

Dorico Pro X 10.1
Dorico Pro X 10.2
Dorico Pro X 10.3
Dorico Pro X 10.4
Dorico Pro X 10.5
Dorico Pro X 10.6
Dorico Pro X 10.11
doricoPro 10.12
doricoPro 10.13

Been there, got the T-shirt, and the Acorn Archimedes.

1 Like

Don’t forget Dorico for Workgroups

Or should that be ‘Ben there’ :slight_smile: ?

Aino just what you’re talking about…

1 Like

Linorico or Doricux would be nice additions!

1 Like

Dorico .net Server

a mere 28 years ago, I used Cubase on the Atari. Of course if TOSrico had been around then…

However, for that we’ll have to wait a bit until after Dorico 9 has been released. :wink:

Dorico 365 would be not bad…

Dorcio 4 is my favorite thread name on this forum

Please never a subscription based model…

1 Like

365 might work for professionals, but rarely for hobbyists. Most do not have a “business” budget.

Also, it seems to me that subscription models tend to decelerate development. Sales models, while they do push a company towards more “sizzle” features, at least incentivize development. Subscription models depend on a customer not becoming so disgruntled they quit. Sales models depend on convincing a customer the new product is worth buying.

Don’t take Dorico 365 to serious. If you read the whole thread, will will find out, that this was just another joke.

This year it should be Dorico 366!

That would be a bit of a leap.

Yes, what fools they are. I have it on good authority that henceforth, the releases will be numbered with prime numbers only. Dorico 3 will be followed by Dorico 5, Dorico 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, and 23. But don’t be surprised to see Dorico 21.5.

You could start a “Dorico Bartok edition” where the version numbers follow the Fibonacci series 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, etc…