Dorico 2.1.10 compatibility with MacOS Mojave

Hi all,
I hope not having missed a topic already speaking about this, I apologize if that’s the case.

MacOS Mojave is being released on September 24th; should we wait to upgrade to it, or is Dorico 2.1.10 already fully compatible?

Thank you.

There have been a few threads discussing Mojave, with replies from Daniel as recent as 10 days ago (just before the Keynote).
Up until then, the advice was to not update on day one and wait for a compatibility patch.

Unless someone from Steinberg/Dorico can say that the recent patch (2.1.10) included the necessary compatibility patch, the advice will still be to not update.

Edit: and since the issues are o.a. with font rendering, it’s not a minor bug.

you should not

and you could
search the forum

For the life of me, I can’t understand why people often are so quick to jump on the latest OS (not referring to the OP per se, just a general observation).

Of course some users may not have a choice, if their employer’s IT department forces the update (which is a foolish practice anyways). But if it’s your machine and your choice, don’t rush to update!!

I actually do that, because I like playing with new features as soon as I can have them. I participated in open betas as well for that reason.
Usually I don’t particularly experience many problems (referring to full releases here), nothing breaking horribly.
If things break in beta, well that’s not out of the norm.

That being said, I always check before updating if there are any reported breaking apps, and make sure I update (to revert back if necessary).
In this case, I would probably wait to update as I already know something will be broken.

However, this time I cannot even update even if I would want to, because I’m still on an early 2011 MacBook Pro, which are not supported anymore (cue sad violin music).

Just in case folks haven’t seen it yet, this Mojave patch just happened: