Dorico 3.5 complete fail after upgrade

Dorico 3.5 crashes constantly. some times i can get it to run again if shut it down in the task manager along with down vstAudioEngine process.
iv’e wasted my entire day trying to figure out whats wrong-VST3 wont run on Dorico etc…
Cubase 11 runs flawlessly.

i upgraded yestsurday to 3.5 Dorico (wish i hadnt) everything ran perfect on Dorico 3 :
Iam pretty bitter and broken. i was going to work on my project but Dorico is unusable.
i dont know what to do
ive reistalled, ran the Elicencser, tried to block all the plugins in Dorico
nothing i can come up with helps.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.82 MB)

Dorico 3.5 crashes constantly. some times i can get it to run again if shut it down in the task manager along with down vstAudioEngine process.
iv’e wasted my entire day trying to figure out whats wrong-VST3 wont run on Dorico etc…

i upgraded yestsurday to 3.5 Dorico (wish i hadnt) everything ran perfect on Dorico 3 :
Iam pretty bitter and broken. i was going to work on my project but Dorico is unusable.
i dont know what to do
ive reistalled, ran the Elicenser, tried to block all the plugins in Dorico

What OS?

Did you try running the eLicenser as an admin?

What version of the eLicenser are you running?

i dont know what to do
ive reistalled, ran the Elicenser, tried to block all the plugins in Dorico
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.82 MB)

i will try that

i have the new elicenser

i ran the new elicenser . Dorico actually started up and crashed when i tried to open VST plugins preferences

Which plugins? For example, Pianoteq doesn’t work in Dorico for me, and I’ve been told it’s a Pianoteq problem.

Just to be sure you know (sine others have missed this in the past): Dorico 3.5 is a paid upgrade, so you need a new license for it.

You know what? I stopped using the template for
Dorico/ bbcSO pro and it hasn’t crashed once.
Stay tuned … I’m thinking I’ll just make my own template and not use the one off the web .
( the playback file for articulations is fine I’m talking about the premade Dorico project template

Dorico doesn’t support VST3 plugins /
That being said, Dorico supposedly blocks vst3 plugins
They need beef up that audio engine because many people want to score for film in Dorico and not export to a DAW
That’s the reality . I hope they address this in the next version .
As it stands now the audio engine and Dorico are combined so if the audio engine gets a hiccup , Dorico collapses .

Are not combined I meant ( above )

Nice Hymnals ! Can I say that ?
Nice work :+1:

Thanks Mike!

mikeyralston, I’ve combined the various different threads you’ve started about these problems this evening into a single one. I guess perhaps something was going wrong in your browser so you couldn’t tell that your thread had been started successfully.

Unfortunately your diagnostics report doesn’t contain any crash reports. Please follow the steps under “Dorico is crashing. What do I do?” in the FAQ thread to set things up such that Dorico will create minidump crash reports when it crashes. Then if you encounter any further crashes, hopefully the diagnostics will include some useful data that we can use to investigate further.