Dorico 3.5 has no playback sound with Noteperformer3

Some of my Dorico files works fine, but some works just have no playback in a moment. I have tried so many ways like reset the Hz or playback template, but still can’t figure it out.

Can I get any help? Thanks so much!

My solution: Open Mixer (F3) output bar, then move up or down a little bit, and then it function as normal.

If one of your projects is not sounding, try going to Play Mode and then choose from the menu ‘Play > Playback Template’. In that dialogue choose the NotePerformer template and close. That should normally heal the situation. If it does not, please choose from the main menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and attach the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Thanks ULF but reset the template still not work like the screenshot, so I attached the Dorico Diagnostics here.

I had this problem half year ago since Dorico 3.0. Thanks so much for your help!

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (976 KB)

Hm, the diagnostics look normal, there is nothing unusual that I can spot.
So if a project does not produce sound, how does NotePerformer (NP) behave then? I mean, when you open the NP graphical user interface, does it show any activity in there like meter flickering or the MIDI receive indicator blinking (left top corner)?
Maybe we could have a remote screen sharing session, so I can take a look on your computer. If you agree, please send mail to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ and we’ll arrange the details.

I seem to be having the same problem as NyxxxL. Please share if you figure out what is going on!

Edit: Apparently, all the projects affected had NotePerformer muted in the Dorico Mixer. It works again as expected after unmuting. However, I have never touched the Dorico Mixer, as I always make adjustments in NotePerformer itself. Could this be a bug in v. 3.5.x?

You could have accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut for muting.