Dorico 3.5 Pro - Problem Export Audio

Hi,

I have a problem.
When I export audio the file just reproduce the tempo track.
It’s impossible export MIDI track too.

Seemingly, this problem started after that I inserted my Activation Code in website.
This is other problem. Suddenly, I started the software and it was required again.

IIRC Dorico exports audio based on the top score layout in the right-hand column in Setup mode.

You can drag layouts around in that column to position the layout you want at the top.

https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v3.5/en/dorico/topics/project_file_handling/project_file_handling_audio_exporting_t.html?hl=exporting%2Caudio

You can also export MIDI files.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Eric. I’m sorry you’re having problems exporting audio.

Do you get the expected playback within Dorico itself? If so, then make sure the layout that you’re looking at is the one that plays back in the expected way, and then try exporting your audio again.

1 Like

It was the layout!

Thank you Derrek and Daniel for the prompt reply.

Hi, I have the same problem: error at exporting audio. I have worked with this score last few days…a big one rather (19 layouts together). I had exported it as the audio before without any problems! I tried to go through all steps now you recommended here but without result: Layout as full score is on the top to the right, I can play back, but one thing is strange… The flute layout has disappeared although it still exists in the score itself and plays back together with the other instruments…
What is interesting I can export the other old files from last year for example… and the newest one which I am working with now…
Can the limited sound card capcity in my pc have somethig common to the problem? Sound jams sometimes while playing back
Thank you very much for help.
Kichus

@Kichus
Welcome to the forum.
I am confused, though, when you say the Flute layout has disappeared, whether it is the Flute’s audio or the printable layout that you are missing.

Are you trying to export the Flute audio alone and cannot because you lack a separate layout for the flute?

Hi @Kichus, are you on Win or Mac? If on Mac, could it be that you ran into a well known caching issue where iTunes plays back always some older cached version of a file, although a newer does exist.?

Hi Derrek, The flute is back again, I can both play it back or print… Still no way to export audio, either the entire score or only one instrument :face_exhaling:
error exporting audio, I use windows 10

Hi Ulf, I use windows 10

Hi @Kichus, could you maybe post the project file? Before doing so, you could even reduce it to maybe a handful of bars, just so that it demonstrates that export behaviour. Thanks

I am sorry if you are having difficulty.
I just went to a multi-instrument file, chose/displayed the flute layout (containing only the flute, of course), exported audio, and got only the flute part in my audio.

The audio file was inside a sub-folder called “Flows from [my file’s name].”

Like you, I am on Windows 10.

Dorico no longer requires one to have the appropriate layout in the upper slot of the layout list in Setup to export a given part.

Hi again, I cut some bars which I send here, Tried to export this section but still without result :worried:

Rhapsody - Concerto for Viola and Orchestra Polish Mountines Fairy Tales in Jazz - Folk Style 03.12.2022 PART TWO AUDIO subsection bars …dorico (898.2 KB)
Thank you for help
K.

Derrek I cannot export even one separate instrument unfortunately from this score… :worried:

My copy of Dorico Pro 4.3 warned me that the file name/path was too long. I changed the file name and this was what I got for the Viola Solo part (since it starts right at the beginning):

I had to cut down the size of the export since the 5MB file was too large to attach here, but it was quite possible to export it. I do think you may indeed need to put the desired layout at the top of your layout list in Setup (as was mentioned earlier) if you are still in Dorico 3.5.
Flows from Rhapsody - Concerto for Viola and Orchestra -Polish Mountines Fairy Tales in Jazz - Folk Style- PART TWO AUDIO.zip (322.1 KB)

Hi @Kichus , thank you for posting the project file.
You get the export error because the file path exceeds the maximum length as allowed by the OS.
While exporting Dorico creates a folder structure for the exported files and for that it also takes the projects name to build up that folder structure. And see, your project file name is already pretty long.
I get the same error when exporting from your original project, but when I rename it to just Rhapsody.dorico it does export without a problem. And yes, I also conducted the test in Dorico 3.5.

Hi Ulf , thank you so much !!! It was so simple solution but without your help I would not find out what was the problem. It works as it should !!!
Really, from my heart thank you once again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Sincerelly
K.

1 Like

Hi Derrek, it works now!!! thank you so much. So simple solution but works. I might have a much shorter name/path before that`s why it was possible to export before. Really big tanks !!!
K.

No worries, @Kichus, you are more than welcome.
And since version 4 we are also more verbose. Instead of just saying ‘error’, we now clearly mention that the path is too long.

:blush:
With sincerelly
K