Dorico 3 translated manuals published

Good afternoon everyone in this fabulous Dorico community,

Translated manuals for Dorico 3 and its three variations (Pro, Elements, and SE) are now published and available for French, German, Italian, and Japanese. On the respective product variation landing pages, there are also links to the translations available for Spanish and Russian, although these have not been updated or expanded since Version 1.

Here are direct links for the different manuals:

We know that these translated manuals are still further behind release than is ideal, but there really is a lot of effort being put in behind the scenes to reduce this gap as much as possible. Thank you very much for your patience whilst we continue to work on this.

As ever, please do share with any users waiting for localised manuals! If you have any feedback you’d like to pass on about the translations (or the manual in general) we are always listening and happy to hear your comments :slight_smile:

Lillie,

Wouldn’t it be best if this message were posted in the “Announcements” section at the top? If my suggestion is taken into account, I have no objection that the moderator delete my reply.

Thank you Lillie, wonderful :exclamation:

Honestly I have to confess that I use only the English version of all the Steinberg Manuals (an old Informatics habit for all the software :wink: ).

Great news! grazie!

Merci beaucoup Lillie,

La documentation en français est bien appréciée.

:slight_smile:

Thank you!!!

Dankeschön, wertes Fräulein :smiley:

Thank You very much !!!
jp29

Good things come to those who wait!
Thank you!

Oh, no spanish yet :frowning:

Grazie!

Great, thanks!

Thank you, Lillie. Great job, as always.

Espero que pronto esté disponible también en español, aunque sea con esas exóticas traducciones como “grupos de valoración especial” por “tuplets” :wink:

I hope it will be available in Spanish soon too, albeit with those exotic translations like “grupos de valoración especial” for “tuplets” :wink:

(We generally call them “valores irregulares”)

Best regards (and keep safe).

Gerardo

Unfortunately we aren’t translating the Dorico manual into Spanish at the moment, sorry to disappoint! Such decisions are above my station, however.

I must confess I’ve not read the available Spanish docs - is that feedback on the translation? If so, I can make a note to hang onto it in case we pick up Spanish translation again. If it’s a string somewhere in the app (rather than the manual) I can definitely pass it on.

Hello Lillie.

The detail that I commented (laughingly, of course!), is in the program itself and in the online help. If I remember correctly it is also in the current version of the manual in pdf in Spanish. Version 1.2]

In general, the Spanish translation of the software is reasonably correct. Still there are many terms that we usually call differently. The one with the tuplets is among them. Another is to name Contralto’s voice (singer) as “Clave de do en 3ra.” (i.e. Alto Clef). It is preferably name just “Alto” or “Contralto”.

I have no problem in using the English version of the manual or the online help. But I think it would be convenient if that effort could be made. An application like Dorico deserves to be spread as much as possible.

Muchas gracias por tu pronta respuesta. Espero que puedan hacer algo al respecto en un futuro cercano.

Keep safe!

Gerardo

Just out of curiosity: what reasons is it that leads to decide not to translate manuals into Spanish, being the second most spoken language in the world? Because it occurs in a multitude of products and companies. However, it is almost always translated into French, Italian, Japanese … with far fewer speakers. I just wonder why. There must be a logical reason, because it happens very often. :unamused:

Are you expecting Steinberg to declare publicly that their market share of music production software in South America leaves to be desired?… :wink:

Well, with me in this thread I can count three. :laughing:

By the way, Spanish is spoken between South- and North America. Aside of spanish speakers in USA, part of Mexico is in North and part in Center America. And, well, there is Spain. And Philippines, part of Northafrica.