Dorico 4.0.20 in french

I’m using a french keyboard and many shortcuts don’t work or they are not in the same location so to speak. I’m currently trying to use enharmonic spelling. I found the way to go from D# to Eb but not the other way around. Any ideas, suggestions, workaround?

Les deux combinaisons pour les enharmoniques sont alt-) et alt-- (les touches dediées aux bémols et aux dièses avec alt ou option en même temps).

1 Like

Merci Marc,

Je parle du clavier Windows (Français canadien dans mon cas car je suis du Québec) et non du clavier physique. Voici le comportement des touches :
La touche + me donne le #
la touche shift+) me donne le bémol. Sur le clavier physique, cette parenthèse est sur la touche 0, pas sur la touche -

Déjà il y a un problème à mon avis car je dois faire shift pour le bémol et pas pour le dièse.
Et pour ce qui est de l’épellation enharmonique, alt++ fonctionne pour passer du D# au Eb mais je ne trouve aucune combinaison pour faire l’inverse.

En fait, pour que ça fonctionne, je devrais utiliser le package Français (France) avec le clavier azerty alors que j’utilise le package Français (Canada) avec le clavier qwerty.

Is there a way for me to use same the keyboard shortcuts as the ones shown in Dorico Quick Reference Card but using language pack French (Canada) with a qwerty keyboard?

You can change all the shortcuts so that they are comfortable for you! Check Preferences > Key commands. You can change the key for flat, and for Rewrite to lower/higher enharmonic. It’s not reasonable to think the team can program the best keys for every keyboard layout that exists.

My guess is that this has more to do with the language pack being French (Canada) and not the keyboard layout per se as qwerty is widely used. I can change the shortcuts but this means a whole lot of work. As it is, I would say that roughly 50% of the shorcuts are working the way they are suppose to. The other ones simply don’t exist or they do with another combination of keys.

Merci Marc d’avoir pris le temps!

For the record,
I had to change the language settings of the key commands to ‘English’ even though my computer and my general Dorico preference are set to ‘French’. Everything works now. I can use Dorico’s Quick Reference Card to learn the proper shortscuts.