Dorico 4.2: Issue with hanging notes and playback

Hey everyone,

Just updated to Dorico 4.2 and loved the new features but I’m getting playback issues with this version. Mostly hanging notes.

I use Dorico routed via Loopmidi to Reaper, because I host my VSTs there. Was working well on version 4.0 and 4.1.

Is anyone else getting these issues?

In case it’s useful to anyone, I just went back to 4.1 and the issue is gone. 4.2 also reset my midi inputs and outputs and I had re-route the instruments in the Play panel.

Are you on Windows or macOS? If you’re on Windows, you might try switching off the new option for WinRT MIDI, which is described in the Dorico 4 Version History PDF on page 5:

Bluetooth-enabled MIDI devices on Windows. Dorico now uses the latest WinRT MIDI capabilities in Windows 10 and Windows 11 by default; this allows the use of MIDI devices that connect via Bluetooth as well as via USB. If you encounter any problems with MIDI devices on Windows, try deactivating the new Enable WinRT MIDI option in the Advanced Options section of the Play page of Preferences, then restart Dorico.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Daniel! That actually fixed the issue. Next time I’ll make sure to read the release notes as well.

Again, I can’t state enough how much Dorico has improved my workflow and it’s great to see it getting better and better.

So thank you as well for the amazing work you guys have been doing.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re back up and running, Ivan!

1 Like