Dorico 4 and Halion 6

Hello,
Just upgrade to Dorico 4 today. Unfortunately when I load Halion 6 in the VST rack and click on the little E sign, nothing seems to happen. In fact I can’t get Halion 6 to load in Dorico 4 no matter what I do. This is a problem because I am entirely reliant on Halion 6 for my samples in Dorico. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know any workarounds? I’ve tried this on two Mac computers, one an M1 Air running Big Sur and the other a M1 Max running Monterey. Obviously this was not an issue in Dorico 3.5.
Thanks for any help!

(I should add that all other VSTs are working fine, which include many not made by Steinberg - odd that a Steinberg VST would be giving me compatibility problems with Steinberg software, eh?)

I don’t think Halion 6 is yet ASi native. You may need to run in Rosetta.

Craig is right, HALion 6 is not Apple Silicon compatible, yet. So either you run Dorico in Rosetta mode or instead use the HALion Sonic SE 3.5 that comes together with Dorico 4.
HALion Sonic SE 3.5 is already Apple Silicon compatible and it can also load and play all HALion 6 sounds, it only can’t edit them.

1 Like