Dorico 4 crashes on start-up on M1 Mac

I use a Mac mini with an M1 chip and 16g of Ram, and I can’t boot Dorico 4 on the computer.
DiagnosticReports.zip (58.2 KB)
Activation Manager.zip (31.6 KB)
Dorico 4.zip (9.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Michael0320 , your case is slightly different, in that here Dorico itself crashes during startup. So @dspreadbury needs to take over.

I’m looking at the crash logs now.

So it appears that there may be a shared component on your system that Dorico is choking on. Are you trying to run under Rosetta, or running native?

Can you check what you have in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components and provide a list? Likewise, what you have in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components.

Also, could you please zip up the Dorico 4 folder in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg and attach that here too?

The following are screenshots of the contents of these folders and the compressed package.

Steinberg.zip (143.4 KB)

Hi @Michael0320 ,
let’s try something out. Please navigate to the folder /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components and rename it to e.g. _Components and then start Dorico. Any better?
If not, rename the folder back to it’s original name and do the same game with the folder /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components . Still same result?

Thanks!According to the method you provided, Dorico 4 starts normally after changing Components to _Components, but it prompts that no sound components are found

截屏2022-01-14 下午7.15.05

Okay, then it is a “rotten” component that is causing the problem.
Now it’s going to be easy: Create a new Components folder at that location and then you copy the first component from the _Components folder to the other folder. Then start Dorico again. If it runs fine, good, then you put the next component back in. At some point Dorico will choke again and then you know the last component you put back in is the culprit.
Let us know what you find.

Thank you!I found the components causing the problem, just put either one of the two into the newly created Components folder and Dorico4 would crash on startup.

1 Like

Good to hear that at least you’ve found the culprits. Bad to hear that they are 3rd party components. And I guess you rely on Komplete Kontrol and can’t just throw them out, right?
Well, in that case it is best to get in touch with Native Instr. and ask them why those components crash in Dorico.

I have an issue also booting up D4 in Rosetta…it hangs out forever. I deselected all my vst except NotePerformer.
Question: D4 uses Mac Components as well? I thought that Steinberg and Dorico omly uses Vst’s.

@tsmiguel , yes, Dorico also uses that what we call components. These components also act as plug-ins but not for audio processing, but serving other purposes like extending the functionality of the program.
Therefore, please go to /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/ and rename the Components folder and see if Dorico then starts up.

this renaming of components worked for me, too, except i have no sound. but at least it opens up now1

@leestreetstudios , in that case do the following:

• Stop Dorico
  • Create a new Components folder at that same location
  • Take the first component from the rename folder and put it in the Components folder
  • Start Dorico and see if it still starts up
  • If it does, fine, take the next component and put back into the Components folder and continue this iteration until Dorico does not start anymore. Then you found the “rotten” component.
  • Do this with every component and also please let us know which one (or even several) was causing the issue.
    Thanks

Thank you for your help, I will get in touch with them.

Dorico 4 on Mac will not launch. Programme has been activated, licenses up to date. Tried going to Finder and pulling out the eucon file: no change.

See my answer in the other thread where you posted about the same issue.

(And please don’t open multiple threads about the same issue. I have moved the posts from your most recent new thread to this one. If you are having problems finding an existing thread in which you’ve posted, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the options provided by Discourse: in particular, go to the Activity page from your user profile, where you will find all of the threads and messages you have posted.)

same issue here, delete this 2 komplete bundle works fine now