Dorico 4 install & activation went fine...Almost

Upgraded to Dorico 4 from Dorico 3.5.

Install and activation went fine.

when I open Dorico 4 I I get to the Splash Screen:

“Audio Engine: Waiting for connection”

Then up pops a dreaded Red Circle with the White X in the center saying:

“Unknown ApplicationAn unknown interapplication communication error occured. In case the problem persists, please close all applications and restart your computer.”

I have rebooted the computer 4 times and everytime I open Dorico 4 I repeat the process.

Anybody else have this occur ?

1 Like

We’ve seen a few reports of this e.g. Unknown interapplication HSSE occurs (Solved!) - #14 by Buer. It is most likely caused by an old plugin/component that is triggering a crash - perhaps the EUCON dll or Groove Agent. If you can work out which one, as in that other thread, you should be able to get things working.

Thank you so much Richard for your response.

I searched and found a few references to Eucon and then deleted all…but it didn’t quite solve the problem.

Then instead of using the Windows App finder I used CCleaner and it found a lone copy of Steinberg Cubase 6.5 Eucon Adapter. I thought my god I’m using Cubase 11.

I don’t know how it remained…I deleted the Cubase 6.5 Eucon file and now Dorico 4 opens right up.

I owe you a beer or a Margarita. but i guess you’ll just have to settle for a sincere, “Thank You”.

Glad that it’s fixed!

Yes. I have the exact same problem. (the X screen appears 3 consecutive times before Dorico 4 starts).

@rmoneta, have you definitely updated to the latest Dorico 4.0.20 update, released yesterday?

Thank you so much!!! Dorico 4.0.20 does the trick. Bravo