Dorico 4 not finding Komplete

I upgraded from Dorico 3.5 to 4. I opened a project and it converted to 4.0; but it isn’t mapping to Komplete VSTs. In 3.5 I when I edited the instrument it popped up the Komplete vst, but in 4.0 it doesn’t pop up anything – like it can’t find it.
How do I tell it where to find Komplete?

Go to Dorico’s Preferences dialog and choose the VST Plug-ins tab. There you find a list with search paths for VST2 plug-ins. Add a new entry and give the path to Komplete. Then apply the change and restart Dorico.
If Komplete still does not turn up, do in Dorico ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (568.2 KB)
Kontakt shows in the dropdown but after being selected it doesn’t launch to edit.

Thanks for the data. So you are running on an M1. See, Native Instruments are not M1 compatible, yet. In order to use them in Dorico, you have to start Dorico in Rosetta Mode. In order to do so, in Finder right click the Dorico.app and choose Get Info from the pop-up menu. In the middle of the info window is a tick box for Rosetta. Click on that and on next launch Dorico will be in Rosetta Mode. Then Native Instruments will also work.

That is very strange as NI was working with Dorico 3.5 on my M1. None-the-less, with the Rosetta setting Dorico now launches Kontakt when I edit it in the VST Rack – thank you; unfortunately I get no sound when playing with the samples. If I launch Kontakt by itself I hear the instruments fine. Any advice on that please?

Dorico 3.5 is still only Intel code and there the operating system had no other choice and had to run it in Rosetta mode right away. That is why it worked there.

Regarding no sound, under ‘Edit > Device Setup’, is the correct ASIO driver and sample rate selected?

I think it was something with the playback template perhaps, because I loaded Noteperformer and then switched to Kontakt and it’s working. Thanks Ulf for all your help!

1 Like