Dorico 4 open with black screen

This happens on every file. What should I do for avoiding this?

Thanks very much!

Looks like it’s fixed after I restart the laptop

This black screen issue has still happened for days. I have to restart the laptop every time. Is there any solution to fix this forever?

If you end up with a black screen, does e.g. resizing the window slightly from one corner cause the display to be corrected?

No, resizing the window doesn’t work… The Steinberg hub also shows a black screen. This happens every time, and I don’t know what caused this problem.

Can you generate an Apple System Report, zip it up and attach it here?

Thanks for your help, file is attached.

But right now it’s already working fine. This only happens when I shut down the Macbook and then turn it on after about 8 hours. Restarting the laptop will solve the problem, so I might face the problem at least tomorrow.

The black screen is still clickable, it just doesn’t show the content.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.2 MB)

I’m interested in an Apple System Report, rather than Dorico’s diagnostics, if you don’t mind providing one?

File is attached! I hope this is what you need.

MacBook Pro.zip (386.9 KB)

Your MacBook Pro has both integrated graphics and a discrete Radeon GPU. You’re not by any chance forcing the use of one or the other of those bits of graphics hardware in System Preferences?

I don’t know what is this means… how should I do it specifically? Thanks very much!

See this information on the Apple support site:

I’ve been facing this issue for a year and a half, but haven’t been able to resolve it permanently. Sometimes it’s a black screen, and occasionally it magically works after I reboot the computer. However, today it’s not working again, and that’s why I’m here seeking help once more. I hope someone can tell me what’s wrong with the software because this has occurred sometimes on both of my laptops, and I’ve redownloaded it many times.

Can you tell us about your hardware? Are you running macOS or Windows? If you’re running macOS, what OS version? What model of computer do you have?

Thank you.

I am running macOS Sonoma on a MacBook Pro 2019. The issue I have is that when I use an external monitor as a 2nd screen, it causes the black screen problem. However, when I unplug the screen and restart the laptop, it returns to normal. I have not yet found a solution for this, so I have to restart the laptop and unplug/replug the external monitor every time I want to use Dorico for a whole year. The black screen issue is unfixable unless I restart the laptop.

The same question I had from last year: Dorico 4 open with black screen

I’ve moved your new posts to your existing thread for tidiness.

Did you try the link I posted at the time of your original report to make your MacBook use the dedicated Radeon GPU rather than the integrated GPU in the CPU?

Thank you! I didn’t understand how to execute it at the time. I will give it a try now.