Dorico 5.1 fonts

Hello,

I just updated to Dorico 5.1, and am curious, how do I change the fonts for every type of text in a project? I am guessing it is through the library manager, but is there a unified approach to change everything at once? Thanks.

In Paragraph Styles (or maybe its Font Styles?), change the Default Text style to your desired typeface.

Any paragraph style that is “cascading” (that is, based on the parent style “Default Text”) will change accordingly.

1 Like

Change both the Default text paragraph style in Library > Paragraph Styles and the Default Text Font font style in Library > Font Styles.

1 Like

… and then Save them As Defaults (the little star button), so that they will be used in every future project.

1 Like

Thank you! I noticed the quarter note symbol for when I input tempo markings is now a box- how do i fix that?

That has to be a music font like Bravura. I wouldn’t change that one.

1 Like

Go to Library > Font Styles and check that Default music text font is still set to Bravura Text, and not to your new preferred text font. (This shouldn’t have changed when you changed the text font, but due to a bug in the way the font styles were set up for a time, some existing projects will exhibit this behaviour; new projects should not, however.)

1 Like

thank you!!