Dorico and VSL and licensing

Hello
How it is working now with 10.0.10 ?
I have read the VSL forum they say it is still very buggy !

I have read on the forum that a Trial version will be available soon ? when ?

Best

Cyril

The trial version is available now. You can download it here.

Hello Daniel
Before to try Dorico, I want to be sure that it is working with VSL !
Is it still very buggy ?
Best

Cyril

It does work, provided you have existing expression maps (cubase) or can make up your own. Articulation switching is quite limited atm. E.g. there is no legato triggering. My impression is that this will be improved upon quite soon… I would wait for the next update before putting playback to the test.

Hello
How is it with the update of the 20/12 ?
Best

Cyril

It’s certainly a great step in the right direction. I made up a completely custom set of matrices in VIP, and a matching custom set of Expression Maps in Dorico using version 1.0.10. When opened in 1.0.20 everything worked much better. At first I couldn’t get the slurs to trigger legato, but after saving and reopening the file it worked fine.

Also, the new Playback Options work nicely. E.g. accents and marcati are generated in a musical way (temporarily altering CC data or Key Velocity based on the setting in the respective techniques.) There is also a Dynamic Curve setting which is very useful. The downside is that these Playback Options are global, so when combining different libaries in the same file problems arise. I hope this will become more flexible in the future.

As mentioned elsewhere there are a few issues. Several playing techniques are not cancelled by “ord.” (only spicc is cancelled on my system). Playing techniques are not always updated correctly if playback is stopped and started from a different position and dynamics are sometimes misbehaving. During my test this morning, however, dynamics behaved properly…

Thanks for the Update
I have download Dorico trial. I want to read a maximum before I enable the 30 days trial, so I dont lose time
I have not found the Dorico’s manual
Where is it ?

Best
Cyril

go to: https://www.steinberg.help/