Dorico can't find Noteperformer Playback template on new projects

Hi all,
I have the following situation: I had a faulty SSD with Dorico 2 and Noteperformer 3 on it. I had to remove the disk and couldn’t deinstall the software probably.
Now I have reinstalled Dorico and Noteperformer on another hardrive and while all my old files get proper playback from Noteperformer, I can’t select it as a playback template in new Projects. I’ve tried to manually delete the %APPDATA%\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_64 folder but that didn’t fix anything.

My guess is some registry keys or internal configuration files of dorico haven’t been properly set after the new installation because of some remains of the old ones from the now missing harddrive. Is there any way to fix this and get Noteperformer working on new projects again?

Best Regards
Georg

Do you have a folder called C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Dorico 4\PlaybackTemplateGenerators\NotePerformer with two files inside?

Hi Ulf,
thanks for the quick reply. Such a folder does not exist. I have Folders Dorico 2, 3 and 3.5.

In the meantime I also did a system reset because I thought that might fix the problems of faulty regristry entries etc. but unfortunately the same problem still exists.

And maybe some further relevant information:
In my old project, where the playback works, I also can neither see nor select Noteperformer as playback template, just the three default options. But Noteperformer is loaded in the VST Racks.

But you do have that PlaybackTemplateGenerators folder in the Dorico 3.5 path , right? What if you copy that over to Dorico 4 ?

Yes, I have that folder. I created a new folder Dorico 4 and copied said folder from 3.5. It doesn’t change anything. To clarify, I still use Dorico 2, so I would be surprised if that makes a difference.

I copied the folder into Dorico 2. That worked. Thanks.

Oh, sorry, I assumed you were on Dorico 4. Well, in that case it is a bit more complicated. In earlier Dorico 1 or 2 there were some installation issues with NotePerformer, I just can’t remember anymore what exactly and how to solve it right away.
Can you please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’? That creates a zip file on your desktop, please post here. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (188.8 KB)

Here is the diagnostics. I can see Noteperformer as playback template now and it shows up in the VST Rack, however I get no sound out of it yet. The red light indicates that something gets sent to Noteperformer, but I don’t see the usual Mix Editor.

I created a completely new Project and I have playback now. So my issue has been solved. Thanks for the help!

1 Like