Dorico Certified Training

Daniel - I know Steinberg currently has trainers and training centers participating in the Certified Training Partners program for Cubase:

I’m interested in learning if this is something that is planned in the near term for Dorico, or will this be something further out? Will the process for becoming involved as a trainer or training center be the same as for Cubase, or a different program? For individuals, will it be necessary to become a certified trainer across several Steinberg programs, or could one become a Certified Trainer for Dorico alone?

Thank you, Daniel.

I will need to check into the precise details of this and come back to you, Robert.

Thank you Daniel!

Daniel: I am also very interested in becoming a Dorico Certified Trainer.

1 Like

Hi Robert and Dave,

we are currently evaluating the possibillity to expand the Steinberg Certified Training Program for Dorico trainers.
We will get back as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Marcus

1 Like

I’m very much interested in this as well.

–Len B

I’m also interested in the Dorico Certified Training program if it becomes available

I bought Dorico when it came out but have abandoned it (for now) because I get stuck and have been unable to adequately set up my Garritan Sounds. I keep reverting to Sibelius when I have a deadline. I have used Sibelius for years and would like to get some help with getting going on Dorico which I am sure will be a good move. Any plans for training?
Best wishes
Tim

Tim, Have you seen this thread? It worked it out for me - possibly it will set you on the road to using Garritan.

I was just curious if there were any updates on this. I’m currently slated to teach a music notation-related course at Brooklyn College’s Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema this summer. I was originally asked to offer Sibelius Certification as part of it (since I’m a Certified Trainer) but I would love it if there was a path to become a Dorico Certified Trainer instead and to offer Dorico certification for students (at least sometime in the near future?)

• D.D.

I’m pursuing it right now. Talk to John Barron; he’s your best bet to get on the path to it.

I would also be very interested in this as well. For somewhere in Los Angeles, CA.

Are you looking for someone to train you, or are you seeking certification?

I received certification earlier this year and offer tutoring to help users quickly acclimate to the program. Not sure if that’s what you’re asking for though.

I would be looking for training. However, I am first trying to cross over to Cubase 10 from Logic Pro X and get a handle on that. It is surprisingly hard to find tutoring or any formal instruction for Cubase 10 in Los Angeles (even harder to find Cubase instruction with emphasis for Scoring). You wouldn’t happen to know anybody qualified would you?

I would recommend asking on the Cubase Forum for that.

I received certification earlier this year and offer tutoring to help users quickly acclimate to the program. Not sure if that’s what you’re asking for though.

I would be quite interested in becoming certified. What was the process and what did it entail?

If you’re interested in becoming a certified trainer, you should email my colleague John at j dot barron at steinberg dot de.

1 Like

Thank you!

I am also interested in Dorico certified training