Dorico community repository - sharing maps and other config

Added mappings for Abbey Road Vintage Drummer - Ebony kit: GitHub - DoricoUserland/ni-komplete-modern-drummer

Audio example here: Stream Blue Sunday by DerKasche | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Could you please add me to the user land? My github account is FelixPetriconi

Some products / companies actively encourage their users to submit bugs and enhancement, and even consider the number of upvotes an issue has for their development plans. Flutter is one example, but there are others, also for closed-source products.

Could Dorico adopt this same idea? I’ve created an experimental community issue tracker.

To use it, you need a github account. Then you should be able to add new issues and upvote/downvote existing ones.

What’s the point? Well, there are many issues and enhancement requests on this forum, but there’s no visibility to what’s already there and how many users it affects. Then it’s up to Steinberg if they want to use that input to improve their product the way users want.

The only downside I can think of is bias (only users who participate on github are heard). And perhaps transparency (could be perceived as a downside from some points of view, but that is absolutely not my intention here).

While the Dorico Team has always been more than open to considering suggestions that fit in with their overall goals for the product, Daniel has said more than once that features are not added based on a popularity poll.

There is a road map for Dorico, and although it is not fixed in stone, I for one trust that the Team is on the right track.

I can never say this too often: “Thank you, Daniel, Ulf, Paul, John, Anthony, et al.

Steinberg/Dorico are certainly free to choose their priorities.

Still, knowing upfront what featured and improvements will drive users to pay for upgrades sounds like a good business to me.

Fixed roadmap probably works better with subscription business models, where users are force to subscribe one way or the other, but there you have other problems (stickiness) - and for that understanding what would prevent users from jumping ship is paramount.

I’m not in favour of a public or community-driven issue tracker. The only way such an issue tracker would be valuable would be if we were to triage it, since only we can judge whether or not something is a real issue, whether it’s a user misunderstanding, whether it’s a missing feature, or a bug, and so on. We already have more than enough ways of receiving and assessing user feedback. Dorico is not an open-source project and we have no interest in running it like one.

I ask you, with respect, Jernej, to please shut down your issue tracker. Thanks!

No worries Daniel, it’s been shut down.

Thanks for your understanding. Please continue to report any issues and express any feature requests here on the forum, where you can be sure we’ll see and respond to them.

Percussion kits/maps for Komplete Discovery Series - Cuba are available here