Dorico extremly slow with big opera score

I imported a opera score (A3 580 pages, 2924 bars) from sibelius to dorico in order to test, if I could get rid of sibelius. Sibelius does some random pauses when changing something, but is usable. Dorico is unusable slow. For instances switching between layouts in write mode takes 8 seconds. Moving one note upwards takes one second.

yes, that has been my experience too. Not using playback and turning off condensing can help. It also depends on the computer you are using. I can use much, much larger projects in Sibelius than I can in Dorico on the same computer - Dorico needs a lot more computing power.

What is the specification of your computer, @crastelli? Your project is very large and will certainly stretch Dorico, but it ought to be possible to get useable speed, depending on the strength of your hardware.

It’s an AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 1700X Eight-Core Processor , 3.40 GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro. Loading the project takes one minute. I checked switching from a solo instrument to the full score. It takes 1:54 ! RAM can not be the problem, there is always enougth free (I checked with task-manager) and the CPU usage is always < 40%, most of the time less. P.S.: My software-company did a lot realtime programming in C++ .

Would you be willing to send me the project itself? You can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

I have emailed the project to you (30MB)

postmaster@steinberg-intra.net : delivery failed because mesage too big. May I send by wetransfer?

Sure, please do.

I sent it by wetransfer.