Dorico File Crashing On Specific Actions

Hi,
I’m having issues with one specific file in Dorico 4. The file seems to work fine for the most part, but there are a few things that the program seems to crash when I try and do. The strange thing is this happens consistently whenever I try to input certain specific things at certain (seemingly random) parts of the piece (for example, a change of clef in a specific bar, or notes in a certain instrument at some part of the piece). I’ve tried copying the contents to a new file, and opening the file in another computer (both PC and Mac), even in different versions of Dorico, and the error is still there and reproducible. Even more curiously, if I delete most of the music, except for one of the sections that was previously “uneditable” the project once again goes back to normal. This is a file that I’ve been working on for months already without issues until now. It seems as though there is something in the score itself that seems to be making Dorico crash when certain things are edited, but I haven’t been able to figure out what that is. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @raferro, the best would be, if you could provide us that project file together with a description of how to make it crash. Please send it to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Thanks

Yes, as Ulf says, please send the project over to me, together with details of what you need to do to bring about a crash. If you could also do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file from your desktop to the email along with the project, that would also be helpful.

Hi, thank you both! Just sent everything through the email. Really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Sorry that I’ve not yet come back to you via email – I have a big pile of emails to deal with and I’ll try to make some headway with them today.