Dorico for IPad big problem

Hi Lucas, can you really get the layout on IPadOS15+ with 5*6 icons on the homescreen and small margins like in PadIOS 14 , if you don’t have a widget on the screen? Can you post a screenshot?

On an iPad Pro you have these 3 sizes available. I think on a regular iPad you only have the middle one, which is the standard one.

EDIT: I’ve just realized these are landscape screenshots. Let me know if you prefer to see portrait ones.

Yes, indeeed it’s a 6*5 icon distribution like on IPasOS14, just the margins are wider. Can you please post a screenshot of the portrait view too?

This is the portrait view (standard size)

Thanks. It’s a 6* 5 grid too, but IPadOS 15/16 changes the distribution of the icons, if you turn the IPad. That means some of the icons aren’t on the same places in the portrait view like in the landscape view.

There will necessarily be some shifting in each row if you move from an orientation that has 5 rows of 6 apps to another that has 6 rows of 5. However, the relationship between each app and its neighbours before and after will remain unchanged. I no longer have iOS 14 but can’t understand how this could have been different there.

It is indeed different on PadIOS 14 . When you turn the IPad, you always have six icons in a row and five icons in a column. That means the icons hold their position and there is no difference in the layout between landscape and portrait.