Dorico hang

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (360.1 KB) Agrippina full score.dorico (2.3 MB) Dear Daniel and the Dorico team,

I am having an issue with Dorico 3.5.

At the start the program ran perfectly (and it is truly a magnificent piece of software), but now it will not work; it gets through the dongle check, and loads the file. It then takes a couple of seconds to execute any command, and then hangs permanently on Command-R, or if I try and change from Noteperformer to Hallion. I have to Force quit and start again. Download assistant and the e-lisences are up to date. I have tried running it with no other programs open, and restarting, but that does not fix it.

When I open a new project with just piano, everything does work, but it won’t load any of my old projects. (It hangs at about 80% loaded)

I am running a Mac
2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

OS 10.13.6

I am attaching a diagnostic file, and the Dorico file

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I’m sorry you’re having problems. I’ve looked at the diagnostics file and it appears to me that the audio engine data in your project is somehow corrupted. The audio engine is going into an infinite loop trying to load an invalid plugin, and so it stops responding to Dorico. Could you please attach this project (Agrippina full score)? If you would rather send it privately then you can send me a direct message on here.

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for looking at this.

Here is the score:

Best wishes,

Nick
Agrippina full score.dorico (2.3 MB)

I’ve attached a fixed version of the score. We’ve had a few isolated reports of this problem, but we’ve never had any steps to reproduce the problem. If you encounter the problem again then please let us know and we can dig into it.

Agrippina full score.dorico (2.3 MB)

Thanks again for solving this so quickly!

It now works.

Best wishes,

Nick

Hi Paul,

Thanks again; I am now able to work with the file. However it has now thrown up something else:

The strings sound like trumpets in NotePerformer (this has happened before, but was solved by a simple restart.), there is no sound at all in Hallion, and BBC thinks that the cello is a violin and won’t play any notes below G3.

Also playback gives me just a metronome and nothing else.

I am attaching the file again, just in case. It maybe that my sound settings have gone awry; it is the part of the program that I am least familiar with.

Thanks,

Nick

Agrippina full score II.dorico (2.6 MB)

In Play Mode, you need to reapply the playback template again (Play > Playback Template) and then it should work.

Thanks for fixing that, Ulf!