Dorico installation

I’m looking forward to seeing v5. However, yet again daunted by the overcomplicated and often malfunctioning installation and security processes.

In theory, it ought to be reasonably simple. The process should be, if all goes well:

1. Buy your Dorico 5 update from the Steinberg Online Shop.
  2. In your email receipt, you receive a Download Access Code.
  3. On the computer on which you want to run Dorico 5, run Steinberg Download Assistant. Sign in if prompted.
  4. Click the “Enter your Download Access Code” button in the top left corner, and paste in the DAC you received in your email in step 2.
  5. Under “My Product Downloads”, select “Dorico Pro 5”, which should now have appeared there.
  6. Click the “Install All” button in the top right-hand corner of the SDA window, and wait for all the progress bars to turn green.
  7. Run Dorico 5 from your Applications folder (Mac) or desktop icon (Windows).

In an ideal world, you should find it takes no more than 10 minutes to get up and running, provided you have a reasonably fast internet connection.

I have done all this, but all the files are in my Downloads folder. Dorico 5 doesn’t show up in my Applications folder.

You have run the Download Assistant, selected Dorico 5 and pressed “Install All”, etc?

Which files, exactly?

What platform are you on?

Yes, according to Download Assistant, everything is installed. Here’s my downloads folder.

Mac OS 14.4.1 Sonoma

It’s usual for SDA to leave the installers in Downloads. However: I notice you’ve got Dorico 4 there, not 5.

You’re absolutely sure the Dorico app isn’t installed?

If you type “Dorico” into Spotlight, what happens?

Dorico 4 shows up, but not 5

And you’re sure you installed D5…?

Because you’ve only got the version 4 installers there.

Ok I deleted everything and started again and Dorico 5 is successfully installed and works. However I have all this stuff in my downloads folder. Is it supposed to be somewhere else?

I think you can just delete it.

Jesper

If Dorico is installed properly, then you don’t need all that stuff in the Donwloads/Steinberg/OSX folder and should be able to just delete everything.
But I would test that first: First I’d rename the Downloads/Steinber/OSX folder to something else, e.g. _OSX, then Start Dorico again and check that everything works like before, especially the audio playback.

Ok everything seems to be working. Thank you for all the help everyone!