Dorico keeps crashing!

Dorico keeps crashing whenever I load a specific file. It doesn’t happen when I load other files. I don’t know what to do…

Sorry to hear you’re running into a problem with the software crashing. Could you please attach the specific file that is causing problems here? And please also do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file to a reply here.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (664.5 KB)

Hi, thank you for your reply. Here’s the diagnostic report. I can’t upload the specific file here, since it’s for my doctoral project-- can I send it to you via email?

Of course, or you can attach it to a private message (click on my name, then click Message).

Ah, unfortunately the diagnostic zip file doesn’t contain any Dorico crash logs. Could you please use the Finder to go to /Users/your-username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and find any recent crash reports for Dorico, zip them up, and attach them here?

Your project opens up just fine for me, @minkyukim0204. I think the problem might be that Dorico is trying and failing to open in a full screen Space or similar.

What I suggest you try first of all is to quit Dorico, then go to /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3.5 and find the file DocumentWindowPositions.ini and delete it. Now restart Dorico and see if you can successfully open your project again.

1 Like

it works! thank you very much!