Dorico loading my fallback endpoints from Playback template?

Hi there,
I spent a good deal of time putting together a playback template, but whenever I load up a project and try to apply my template to it, it loads up my fallback instruments (NotePerformer) instead of my custom endpoint. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

Very hard to say without seeing an example of your problem. (It’d be sufficient to upload just a few bars)

@Janus, do you mean the .dorico file? It’s too big to attach to this thread, but here’s a dropbox link for you to check it out. Let me know if this is not right…

Thanks!

I can’t say for sure as I don’t have those libraries. But your VST rack seems (to me) to contain connections to Symphonic Strings rather than Symphonic Winds. I think that if Dorico cannot find a suitable instrument it will use the fallback (NP). Does that help?

(Others, more expert, will help better)

Thanks for the response. I believe that project I sent you was confusing because it had leftover string tracks in the VST rack from recently deleted instruments.

I managed to figure out the issue, which was that my custom woodwind template had endpoints pointing to “ensemble player” woodwinds, but the project file I had attached was looking for “single player” woodwind patches.

Thanks for helping me investigate!