Dorico missing accidentals with cues

Hello, I recently encountered a seeming bug in Dorico 3.5.10 where an accidental in a cue sometimes seems to remove the accidentals from the same note later in the bar.

In the first bar, it is fine, the cello shows an Ab. In bars 3 and 5, the cello displays A natural instead of Ab in the parts only. The score correctly shows Ab in bars 1 3 and 5.

I was able to work around this by force showing the accidental in bars 3 and 5 of the cello part, but would prefer if this was handled properly by default.

Here is another problem with accidentals and cues:

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no way to force showing accidentals on the tied cue notes.

It seems that images can’t be loaded, at least for me. Maybe you could post the project instead?

Here I am sending a picture as an attachment one more time.

Now I can see all of them. It must have been a forum error. Yeah, it doesn’t look right, but I have no clue about how to solve it.

Like this?

As a player I would definitely prefer this version …

… but Dorico should be able to show the accidental in the shortened version.

In a different context, that cut tie note could be a very long one, spanning several measures, for instance, in which case the notation proposed by @MilosBetko would make sense, and should of course show an accidental.

1 Like