Dorico not opening files from upcoming one drive update

Hi

Just gone back onto the windows insider program. You may be aware that one drive has a big change coming very soon, MS has revamped it so it, one again, allows you to see all OneDrive files whether stored locally or not.

I have Dorico files on my One Drive and these are set to be stored locally, but when attempting to open them Dorico throws back a No such file or folder exists.
There’s no issue with the file because I have copied to back to desktop and opened it with no problem. I have tried moving a file from the desktop to onedrive and problem persists.

I have tried opening files in various applications including Sibelius and they all work as expected. It is def just Dorico that can’t open from onedrive on my system.

Cheers

Paul

Can you describe in more detail how you are opening the files? Are you opening them from File > Open within Dorico, i.e. from the usual file picker, or are you doing something in Explorer to open them, e.g. double-clicking them in an Explorer window?

Hi Daniel

Initial from File > Open in Dorico but also tried double clicking in explorer. Fails both ways. Successful both ways in other apps.

Cheers

Paul

Can you tell me how we would get this particular OneDrive update, Paul? Which “track” are you on for the Windows Insider programme?

Hi Daniel, I’m on the slow track.

Just updated again to rs3_release 16288
It’s very close to the released version and hence only just going back onto the insider programme.

16288 is displaying exactly same issue. OneDrive will update for everyone who installs the fall creator update due in a couple of weeks.

We’ll do what we can to reproduce this issue and will report back in due course.

To follow up on this: we have identified the problem and it will be fixed in the next Dorico update.

In the meantime, the workaround is either to disable the OneDrive Files On-Demand feature, which you can do by switching off the Save space and download files as you use them option in the Settings tab of the options for the Microsoft OneDrive app, or to copy the file from your OneDrive folder to another folder on your disk, and open it from there instead.

Thanks Daniel
It’s a great update to onedrive😊