Dorico Not Reading/Translating Midi Inputted Chord Symbols

Hello There,

I seem to have come across an issue where midi is not correlating with dorico’s chord input. What is odd is that dorico will input notes individually and playback through the default library, but it seems that when pressing multiple notes with the chord symbol input mode selected it refuses to write. At times it will input a bizarrely inaccurate chord symbol. Any suggestions or remedies to this problem? I have connected and reconnected the cable that connects to a nord and no difference.

If you quit and restart Dorico, does that restore chord symbol input via your MIDI keyboard?

Unfortunately no. It seems Dorico is reading the midi as the program continues to play sound through the dorico engine library.

Sorry to hear that. Could you please try opening a new project, creating a single instrument with a few bars, and then try inputting chord symbols into that project using your keyboard. Then do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and upload the resulting zip file here. I may be able to glean some information from the logs generated by the application.

Hello Dspreadbury,

I am happy to say that it was a result of a hardware issue and not a Dorico 4 problem. Thank you for your help.