dorico percussion grace note with slur (flam)

Last question: is importing mp3 audio available?

IIRC this is currently only possible if the mp3 is attached to a video, but the Development Team has this in their sites for the future.

So the slur is crooked. In engrave mode i can adjust it manually. Can I have a straight slur?

Good evening sir. Does the developer team add, in future, a preset flam, drag with their corresponding slur?

2 Likes

We are certainly interested in having better support for drum rudiments in future, yes. Perhaps we could have a popover and panel that allows you to create the basic rudiments quickly and simply. I can’t say when we might work on this, but it’s definitely something that could be useful.

1 Like

Daniel. I was sitting in the SIRD audience, when you made the presentation in Portsmouth with Urs. I am now trying to switch from Sibelius to Dorico. But it is hard to start without initial help how to create the score with the specific swiss notation right hand up and left hand down the line. Do you have a quick handout how to adjust the settings?

Welcome to the forum, @Tambour78! Please find attached the project that I prepared for that presentation at the symposium:

Arabi.dorico (917.6 KB)

Perfect. Thank you Daniel.

Yes. Would be very helpful for me to notate flams on snare or toms maybe as a playing technique? I use this a lot on drum parts.

Hello. Can anyone explain me, why it is impossible to write 9 to the finger position of the note?

We don’t allow fingering numbers above 7 because that’s the last slide position on a trombone, if memory serves. I guess that in this instance the numeral 9 isn’t really for fingering – what are you communicating with this number?

A nine stroke roll I guess.

Jesper

You can create a playing technique with the fingering text font:

Jesper

or

1 Like

Thank you. But I need the number left from the notehead.

You can move it in Engrave mode with alt + arrows

Jesper

thank you Jesper. It works :slight_smile:

Hello Daniel. With the number 9 I want to indicate, that it is a 9 stroke roll. I tried it out up to 32. All the other numbers are working (5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, etc… But not 9.

Hello. I try to display the note staves (I hope I have translated it correctly) all on the same height. No matter if on the left hand, eighth notes, sixteenth notes or more. Can I adjust the length of the stems automatically or do I have to adjust it manually in Engraver mode?

You can’t specify a minimum stem length for all notes on a particular staff. You can specify defaults for stem length in Engraving Options, but this will affect every instrument: you could give that a try and see how it looks in the overall context of your score, but I suspect it might not look ideal for other instruments.

Thank you Daniel for the Arabi.dorico file, where I only slightly tuned some parts of the drum notation, which looks really promising. A leap forward.

1 Like