Dorico pro 4 crash with M1 and UR44C

I recently upgraded my mac and I was able to acquire a Mac Studio M1 Max currently with Os Ventura, I have a Steinberg UR44C interface and on several occasions dorico does not open it stays in “audio engine” or it opens and I can listen to the audio from the UR44C but the audio from the mac goes to the speakers of the Mac Studio, I close dorico and the audio from the Mac returns to the UR44C. When I try to return the audio from the mac to the UR44C with dorico still open it crashes.

I have the latest version of Dorico Pro installed.

The UR44C has the option to choose between USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 hig speed, when installing everything

I have the latest version of Dorico Pro installed.

Hi @Martin_Reyna_Zuniga, would you please do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here? Thanks

I do this when? Since dorico gets stuck, and when I force exit it does not let me open it anymore, until I restart the computer.

The next time you have it up and running.
And if it won’t open, try going to the Activity Monitor and kill the VSTAudioEngine and Dorico process (should they be around). Once they are both gone you should be able to start Dorico again.

1 Like

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.1 MB)

i opened dorico and automatically the mac audio goes to the internal speakers and will not let me select the ur44c.

Are you sure you have the very latest YAMAHA Steinberg USB driver installed? It is version 3.1.4 and can be downloaded here

Also, normally you’d switch the sound output of Dorico in its own setup dialog, that is to be found under Edit > Device Setup.

Correct I have the latest software and firmware installed by the UR44C.

In the dorico audio options when I open it automatically detects the UR44C so it did before also on my old Mac mini intel, the problem is that when I open dorico the system audio Os sends it to me ala internal card of the mac and does not let me select the UR44C, the dorico audio is heard by the UR44C but the system audio does not. Only until I close dorico it allows me to select the UR44C again.

This does not happen with cubase 12, nor with logic or mainstage.

It’s already late here, I will try that out tomorrow morning on my own M1-MacMini.

1 Like

I reinstalled the driver and everything seems to be fine, I will continue testing.

That’s good to hear. Also here with me on my M1-MacMini and the UR it is working as expected. Let me know should you get in trouble again.

1 Like