Dorico Pro 4 launch error: CreateDXGIFactory2 entry point missing in dxgi.dll

Hi all,
I just installed Dorico Pro 4 and I’m getting the following error when I attempt to launch it:

“The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll.”

I’m still running Windows 7 (unfortunately) on my desktop computer. Could that be the issue? The installer didn’t complain when I installed Dorico 4.

Dorico 3.5 works fine. I’m wondering if there’s a dependency I need to download from Microsoft to make it work on Windows 7.

Thanks very much for any advice or workarounds.

-Gary

Windows 7 is here certainly the problem and you know, Dorico 4 does not officially support Win 7.
I did a quick google search and found this: FIX: createdxgifactory2 could not be located
Maybe that does help you.

dxgi.dll is part of the Windows OS. The problem appears to be that Dorico 4 is asking for DirectX 12 support, which is not supported on Windows 7 - see this thread on the Qt forum. I cannot see Steinberg reverting this decision - the system requirements are Windows 10 (21H2 or later) and Windows 11 (21H2 or later). Windows 7 has been out of extended support for two years tomorrow. Why compromise video performance and efficiency for the sake of an obsolete OS?