Dorico sync of temp from external midi hardware device

Hi,
I have a hardware instrument in to which I load a midi file. My goal is to have dorico on my music stand, playing and synced in time with my midi file for live performances.
So the midi file:
a) Will send a clock start event when the midi file starts … and
b) Contain various ‘tempo changes’ in the in the control track of the midi
Can Doric be used to ‘listen’ to the clock of the midi file so that the timing/playback of the score on my music stand is aligned and timed to match the playback which is controlling my hardware instrument for a live performance.

Welcome to the forum, Tim. I’m afraid at the moment Dorico does not have any support for MTC sync, but this is something we do plan to add in a future version.

Hi Dan, I’m new to this forum. I posted a question, which hasn’t attracted any answers, and then I added my question to a fairly old, but pertinent, thread (ditto response), and now I’m trying this (not-quite-as-old) thread… This question from Tim is essentially what I need to know: I like to record vocals and guitar on a Tascam DP-02 deck, which outputs MTC to the sequencer program I currently use, syncing the software to the transport controls on the Tascam deck. I want Dorico to take the place of that sequencer program. A bit over 2 years ago, your answer was that Dorico could not do this… but can Dorico 5.1 do it now? Thanks!

Hi again, since I posted here I did get a response to my post on the fairly old thread. I was told that I might be able to get Dorico to start its playback transport in response to the MIDI out message from the portastudio, but there are some hoops to jump through. Shame that the MTC support added to Dorico was limited to it being the master. (Finale can be slaved to MTC without any hoop-jumping!)

Dorico doesn’t yet have any MTC support at all, but it is something that we are planning to add in future.

Hi Daniel, I guess I misunderstood about MTC in Dorico… when folks on the forum have been talking about syncing Dorico to Cubase, it has been said that Dorico must be the master… but I guess that refers to using the TXL VST plug-in hosted as an instrument inside Dorico, which sends out MTC over a virtual MIDI port. My bad.