Dorico tremolo

I have a question
When there is a long note with a roll or tremolo on a timpani, and a ritardando is applied and it gradually gets slower, the fineness of the repeated notes also slows down, but how can I make it play without changing the fineness of the sound even if the tempo changes? Is there a way?

IIRC Daniel & Co. are aware of this difficulty.

Hi @adagio4evergreen I don’t know it this helps, but check these settings in Playback options:

Which library do you use? For example if you use Note Performer, if you check this option in the Overrides in the NP expression map, Dorico plays the tremolo with constant speed during tempo changes:

1 Like

Thank you for the useful information. I am using noteperformer, so it seems to work well with changing the expression map. I would appreciate your help again if I have any problems.

Hi.

1. “Play tremolos at constant speed…” doesn’t seem to be there anymore.
  2. How did you get to that second screen with NotePerformer overrides?

Hi @konradh

1. You find this in menu Library → Playback Options → Timing → Tremolos

1. To see the Playback options Overrides, just scroll a little bit down in the expression map that you are seeing/editing. You can open the whole Playback options overrides clicking on the little triangle on the right:

@Christian_R , You are very kind to provide all this detail, my friend. Thanks very much.

1 Like