Dorico won't let me switch to FlexAsio

Aaaand… still nothing. Generic ASIO still only outputs left channel, and Dorico automatically switches back to Generic ASIO when choosing FlexAsio.
Why is Dorico doing that by the way? Isn’t THAT worth investigating? Am I really the only one having this issue?

Yes, certainly, that is they key, but it is not so easy to find out. It’s not impossible, but it needs a bit of effort on both, mine and your side. I would need to build a special audio engine which dumps more debugging information. Then I’d need to hand that to you, you install that, run the program and provide me with the special logs.
But before we go down that path, here is one more thing to try. Please edit your FlexASIO.toml file so that it look like following:

backend = "Windows WASAPI"
[input]
device = ""
[output]
device = "Fones de ouvido / Alto falantes (Realtek Audio)"

Don’t forget to restart Dorico after the change. If it is still the same result, please create another diagnostics report and attach here.
Thanks

P.S.: That with setting the input device to an empty strings stems from an old, similar but not same thread. Let’s see what it does in your case

1 Like

Aha! Now Dorico switches to FlexAsio with no issues!!

Thank you Ulf, for hanging in there with me! Haha. If there is anything else you want me to do on my end let me know!

1 Like

I am glad to hear and you are more than welcome.
Let me know should you get in trouble again.
Merry Xmas

1 Like